Senior Accounts Payable Accountant
This position is based in NYC.
Templafy is pioneering the content enablement category and defining the future of work by helping companies worldwide accelerate the performance of business content. Our platform allows companies to align workforces and effortlessly govern content while supporting teams and employees as they create on-brand, high-performing business content – like documents, presentations, and emails, faster. Templafy supports over 2.8M users and enables over 600 enterprise customers such as KPMG, IKEA, and BDO.
Founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2014, Templafy's success is built by our 60+ employee nationalities found at offices in New York, Copenhagen, London, Berlin and Eindhoven. We believe when people feel they belong, have a voice, and feel heard, they are happier and perform better, and that way, everyone wins. Our innovation, diversity, and unique product have raised over $200 million in funding from Insight Venture Partners, Dawn Capital, and Blue Cloud Ventures. The future of work relies on content enabled by Templafy.
What we're looking for:
We are currently looking for a motivated Senior Accountant with an established knowledge of account reconciliation, vendor and credit card payments, expense report processing, prepaid and fixed asset accounting and other related responsibilities at a global company. You'll be a core part of our Finance team and will work in close collaboration with Legal & Procurement, FP&A, cost center leaders throughout the Templafy offices and our vendors to ensure data cleanliness, timely reporting and process efficiencies.
We are looking for an accountable individual who will take ownership of the AP function to drive it to next level. This position reports to the VP, Controller.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts and cash monitoring by account, currency and country
- Process vendor invoices, including vendor setup and coordinating weekly payment runs
- Audit expense reports for appropriate coding and receipt support prior to posting
- Administrate corporate credit card program by reconciling expenses to receipts, issuing virtual cards and system maintenance
- Coordinate vendor and internal communications in the payables inbox
- Prepare and post month end accruals and journal entries as well as coding corrections
- Monthly reconciliation of prepaids, fixed assets, intercompany accounts, tax (VAT), etc.
- Review monthly expense reporting for anomalies against prior periods and budget
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax and other regulatory requirements
- Drive system implementations and optimizations as well as process improvements
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting, payables, expense report processing and similar areas
- Bachelor's degree in a business field preferred
- Familiar with US (e.g.1099 reporting) and EMEA (e.g. VAT, GST) tax and other requirements
- Preferred experience in Netsuite, JPM Access, Floqast, PayEm, Expensify, Navan
- Experience in the SaaS or technology industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel pivots, lookups and other formulas
- Accountable self-starter with focus on data completeness, accuracy and timeliness
- Team player willing to jump in be a reliable partner for teammates
- A solid desire to learn and drive improvements in a rapidly growing and innovative environment
What else to know:
This position is a great opportunity to join, influence and impact a company in rapid growth with rising organizational and development opportunities. You will become a key part in the overall financial strategy, and your work will have direct influence on the profitability of the company. We offer a dynamic and fun working environment that can be expected with a scale-up in the center of New York.
- Employee Equity Program
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Parental leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company discount program
- Flexible work environment
- Company Stocks
Base Salary: $90 - $125K. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Templafy is a workplace of belongingness. To us this means that you have a voice, you dare to speak up, and your voice is heard. We focus on offering an environment that allows all employees to feel that they belong regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other status.
Something looks off?