Staff Engineer, Backend
Staff Engineers steer strategic projects, mentor and sponsor senior team members, explore new areas, and align technology with organizational needs. Their responsibilities span across multiple teams, contributing to the overall technical direction of the company and key architectural decisions. Their technical solutions actively reduce complexity and technical debt. Staff engineers are expected to model excellent engineering practices with a focus on improving Showpad’s overall technical health.
- Advanced proficiency on the technical domain
- Makes appropriate decisions when assessing new technology against the requirements.
- Technical Leadership and Strategy (focus of domain expert)
- Promotes best practices within the team, mentors other team members and always considers data security when design and build a solution.
- Explore ambiguous and complex but important problems that the company is currently ill-shaped to address.
- Organizes meaningful, goal oriented technical discussions within the team and recommends the most cost effective solution.
- Mentorship and Growth
- Foster growth and create an active practice of mentorship and sponsorship
- Impact and Value Delivery
- Identify (internal) customer needs and build a case for it based on facts rather than assumptions
- Determine what would have the most impact on the product and company and where you provide the most value
- Quality Management
- Advocates for improvements to quality, resilience, cost-efficiency, security, and performance in our technology landscape
- Prioritize leverage points (interfaces, ..) that preserve quality as your software changes
- Collaboration and Networking
- Creates cross-team collaboration where necessary to address business goals
- Partners with other teams to improve the effectiveness of our internal tooling
- 8+ years of experience as backend engineer develop scalable, production-ready solutions
- Experience with Typescript and/or Go
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for, and collaborating with, internal and/or public data consumers
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Understands the importance of strong software testing at every stage and can advocate for test-driven development
- Continuous integration and delivery mindset
- Experience with PHP and/or Kotlin
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS
- CMS domain expertise
Founded in 2011, Showpad is the world’s leading Enablement Operating System (eOS™). We align Sales and Marketing teams around impactful content and measurable engagement, enabling sellers to build unique buying experiences and continuously improve conversion rates. Sellers close more deals – faster – with Showpad.
With dual-headquarters in Ghent and Chicago, regional offices in London, Munich and Wroclaw, and remote hubs across the US and EMEA, Showpad is powered by a diverse global workforce of more than 550 people. Our employee value proposition centers around impact, purpose and belonging. Our culture is based on flexibility, trust and setting people up for success. At Showpad, we foster inclusion, innovate for impact and never stop to raise the bar. We take serious care of our people but never take ourselves too seriously.
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether it’s additional company-wide days off, paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organisations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.