Technical Solutions Architect
Technical Solution Architect & Solution Architecture Domain Lead
At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, we provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences. As an employer, we provide Showpadders with personal development opportunities, motivate them to make a meaningful impact, and always encourage them to bring their authentic selves to work.
Our culture stems from our values which center on achieving maximum impact and being our authentic selves in all that we do. We make decisions with results in mind, while ensuring we create a workplace environment that fosters global collaboration, diversity and passion. We’re a team of good-natured ass-kickers and have been recognized as a top workplace by Built in Chicago and Inc. Magazine.
Founded in 2011, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
About the position
As a customer-facing Technical Solution Architect at Showpad, you will build relationships with customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of their Showpad solution at every stage of their journey. You will advise them on architecture, integrations, extensions and innovations. You will be the responsible solution architect on customer projects and deployments, ensuring that Showpad is well set up and integrated into the customer’s technical landscape and processes, and providing solutions for customer-specific use cases, processes and integrations.
Internally, you will build out the customer-facing Solution Architecture domain within our Professional Services organization. You will be accountable for end-to-end service and project definition & delivery across all projects within the Solution Architecture domain. You will be the voice of the customer internally, collecting and sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of Showpad features and integrations.
- Customer-focussed Technical Solution Architect
- Guide customer deployments, projects and implementations from an architecture perspective towards the most optimal solution meeting the customer’s requirements.
- Engage with the customer’s technical and business stakeholders to explain the different technical and architectural options and present your recommended solution for their use case. Work with them to guide and support them in requirements gathering, architectural design, development and deployment phases.
- Follow-up on the implementation of the solutions you designed, supporting internal development teams, customer development teams and partners where needed, assuring the quality of their deliverables.
- Solution Architecture Domain Lead
- Serve as primary point of contact and subject matter expert for Solution Architecture
- Solution, Service and Offering Development:
- Own the definition of architecture services to be offered
- Own the delivery methodology and frameworks
- Develop standard solutions that are repeatable and standardised in scope and can serve many customers
- Process Definition and Maintenance: Define and maintain processes, collateral and templates for standardised and consistent project delivery within the architecture domain.
- Collaborate with customers and sales teams to tailor solutions that align with specific requirements. Participate in proposals, designing high-level proposed architectures, defining a technical project approach, and making workload estimates for different types of projects - architecture consultancy projects, integration projects and custom app development.
- Coach your colleague architects, partners and customer development teams in best practices and introduce them to the relevant approaches to solve complex problems.
- Collaborate internally with engineering and cross-functional teams to translate customer requirements in existing showpad features, integrations or extensions, or future roadmap items, translating them into effective and scalable solutions.
- Take part in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. technical documentation, code samples, blog posts).
- Project and Service Delivery accountability, reporting and oversight
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 10+ years of experience in technical roles (developer, system administrator, architect) of which 5+ years in architecture roles.
- Experience analyzing, conceptualizing, designing, building, testing and deploying digital solutions in complex technical environments.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, project management, problem solving, coordination and execution skills. Detail-oriented and being able to work constructively with senior and junior, technical and less technical customers, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues and solutions to non-technical business stakeholders while at the same time being able to take a very technical deep dive in the implementation details for technical stakeholders.
- Not afraid of being challenged and being able to present the proposed solution in a clear manner when being challenged.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience with integrations, REST APIs, Web Application development (preferably using one of the major frameworks such as Angular and React).
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS and Azure.
- Passion for making customers successful and commitment to providing an effortless customer experience
- Proactive and resourceful; takes initiative
- Master in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
- Experience in a high-growth software/SaaS environment
- Experience in marketing and sales software, digital content software
What you can expect from Showpad
We focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every salesperson is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double-digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a creative, forward-thinking, ambitious company, who is not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.