Front End Engineer
At Quantexa we believe that people and organizations make better decisions when those decisions are put in context – we call this Contextual Decision Intelligence. Contextual Decision Intelligence is the new approach to data analysis that shows the relationships between people, places and organizations - all in one place - so you gain the context you need to make more accurate decisions, faster.
Founded in 2016 Quantexa helps organizations make their data more meaningful, and is the world’s leading software company providing a single networked view of internal and external data as an input to analytical and AI models. From compliance, fraud, anti-money laundering and credit risk to customer intelligence and master data management, Quantexa partners with Global Tier 1 Insurers and Banks, Government Agencies, Telecoms and Technology companies to deliver Contextual Decision Intelligence.
Due to the continuous success and high demand from our customers, we are looking for Mid to Senior level Frontend Engineers to join our R&D team to build and shape the next generation of products that transform how organizations around the world use data.
Headquartered in London with significant offices in New York, Boston, Toronto, Sydney, Singapore, and Brussels, Quantexa is continuing its expansion within the UK, building on our core values of Determination, Ambition, Teamwork and Accountability.
What will I be doing?
Quantexa are currently looking for front end engineers to work on the Quantexa Platform, which provides our users with a powerful investigation interface, enabling them to conduct complex investigations into fraud and financial crime cases.
Our products process huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity. The user interface we provide enables users to conduct complex investigations into fraud and financial crime cases and visualise complex networks of criminal activity.
The user interface is highly visual and data rich, allowing users to navigate and interact with social network diagrams as well as view output from our back end analytical processes. The application itself has been developed using modern front end tools and frameworks such as TypeScript, Angular 15 and ngrx and has been designed from the ground up to be highly extensible and allow for customisation to meet our clients requirements. In this role you will be working on building new investigation features and components, developing data visualisations and improving the UX to ensure our users can work with the application as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The R&D department currently consists of over 70 people split into agile teams of engineers, product managers, designers, QA and others each focusing on specific projects and areas of the product. The back end of the application is developed using Scala, Apache Spark and Elasticsearch.
What do I need to have?
- Experience using modern front-end frameworks, ideally Angular 6+.
- A keen eye for detail with regards to design and UX.
- Experience providing efficient algorithmic solutions to complex problems.
- Has experience with the full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment.
- Wants to build a rich, data driven application.
- Love working with the latest technology.
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK’s fastest-growing Start-ups.
- Regularly benchmarked salary rates at the highest quarter following all principles of equal pay & company bonus
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid workplace & free access to global WeWork locations & events
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Work from Anywhere Scheme: Spend up to 3 months working outside of your country of employment over a rolling 12-month period
- Work from Home Allowance
- Family: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, or Shared Parental Leave
- Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, EAP, Well-being Days, Calm App, Gym Discounts
- Team's Social Budget & Company-wide Summer & Winter Parties
- Tech & Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Volunteer Day off
- Dog-friendly Offices
We have one mission. To help businesses grow. To make data easier. And to make the world a better place. We’re not a start-up. Not anymore. But we’ve not been around that long either. What we are is a collection of bright, passionate minds harnessing complexities and helping our clients and their communities. One culture, made of many. Heading in one direction – the future.
It's all about you
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital, disability, or veteran status. Whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
Internal pay equity across departments is crucial to our global compensation philosophy. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of experience, education, training, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Quantexa is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our talent acquisition processes. If you require support, please inform our Talent Acquisition Team.