At Quantexa we believe that people and organizations make better decisions when those decisions are put in context – we call this Contextual Decision Intelligence. Contextual Decision Intelligence is the new approach to data analysis that shows the relationships between people, places and organizations - all in one place - so you gain the context you need to make more accurate decisions, faster.
Founded in 2016, Quantexa helps organizations make their data more meaningful, and is the world’s leading software company providing a single networked view of internal and external data as an input to analytical and AI models. From compliance, fraud, anti-money laundering and credit risk to customer intelligence and master data management, Quantexa partners with Global Tier 1 Insurers and Banks, Government Agencies and Technology companies to deliver Contextual Decision Intelligence.
Headquartered in London with significant offices in New York, Boston, Toronto, Sydney, Singapore, Ireland, Malaga and Brussels, Quantexa is continuing its expansion, building on our core values of Determination, Ambition, Teamwork and Accountability.
You’ll be joining the Research and Development department where you will be working alongside the Engineering Teams building our core Contextual Decision Intelligence offering: The Quantexa Platform. You will be instrumental in implementing Engineering Management Practices ensuring the Platform is delivered to the highest standards. Our products process, analyse and display huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity. The user interface we provide enables users to conduct complex investigations into fraud and financial crime cases and visualise complex networks of criminal activity.
The R&D department is located in London, Ireland & Malaga and consists of over 100 people split into agile teams of Engineers, Designers, QA and others each focusing on specific projects and areas of the Platform.
In this role you will:
- Work alongside a number of Engineering teams, supporting them in the delivery of new components and features of the Quantexa Platform, ensuring that they meet our high-quality bar
- Support, coach and develop Engineers at all levels to reach their full potential, you will be involved in recruitment, training and fostering development opportunities for Engineers across the department
- This is a UK based role however occasional travel to our Ireland and Malaga offices will be required
- Support our News API Software as a Service offering
- While this is not a hands-on role you will be expected to have the technical experience to be able to contribute to and guide technical and architectural discussions, bringing the wider context to those discussion
- Work with Product Managers and Team Leads to help breakdown and design upcoming features, facilitating teams with Agile processes
- Work closely with our Product Management function to help them refine market needs and align with Engineering capability to create a deliverable roadmap
- Coordinate release activities across Engineering teams, and keep stakeholders informed of progress to allow measured delivery to roadmap.
- Work across teams helping to coordinate dependencies in the development process and spot any issues which could slow down or block teams
- Spot opportunities to improve processes and ways of working across the department to improve efficiency, quality and scalability
- Work with stakeholders outside the department to ensure their needs are met in a timely and controlled manner
- Assist with the day-to-day operational running of the department
On the back end, our services are primarily written in Scala and deployed as microservices. We are huge fans of functional and strongly typed programming, making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless. We also use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed services. We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
The front end has been developed using modern front-end tools and frameworks such as TypeScript, Angular 6+ and ngrx and has been designed from the ground up to be highly extensible and allow for customisation to meet varying requirement.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Experience successfully delivering software through full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment into a Live SaaS environment.
- Thrive in identifying and implementing organisational changes to allow Engineering functions to optimize their effectiveness and value rate.
- Take pride in designing, building, and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems.
- Have previous experience in software development and architecture, with experience building web applications and/or systems that process large volumes of data
- Passionate about developing engineering talent, highly experienced in all aspects of people management
- Strong planning and project management skills. A solid understanding of Agile processes and experience working across multiple teams
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Have experience functional programming using Scala or Java AND/OR experience using modern front-end frameworks, ideally Angular 2+..
- Experience with Infra-as-Code, containerisation and Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Experience delivering software which is deployed on premise and as a service
Why join Quantexa?
As well as a competitive salary, company bonus + Pension we offer:
- Well being: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, Private Healthcare, Life insurance and Income protection. No to mention healthy fruit, unlimited drinks and snacks in the office.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy 5, plus your Birthday off!
- Family life: We offer flexible + hybrid working (based around the team you will be joining)
- Fun: We love to socialize and make friends in Quantexa. We host regular internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, outings and more…we’ve taken this virtual for now!
If you are excited about joining us and think you have much of what we are looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about Quantexa on our Glassdoor!