At Quantexa we believe that people and organizations make better decisions when those decisions are put in context – we call this Contextual Decision Intelligence. Contextual Decision Intelligence is the new approach to data analysis that shows the relationships between people, places and organizations - all in one place - so you gain the context you need to make more accurate decisions, faster.
Founded in 2016 Quantexa helps organizations make their data more meaningful, and is the world’s leading software company providing a single networked view of internal and external data as an input to analytical and AI models. From compliance, fraud, anti-money laundering and credit risk to customer intelligence and master data management, Quantexa partners with Global Tier 1 Insurers and Banks, Government Agencies, Telecoms and Technology companies to deliver Contextual Decision Intelligence.
Due to the continuous success and high demand from our customers, we are looking for Mid to Senior level Scala Engineers to join our R&D team to build and shape the next generation of products that transform how organizations around the world use data.
Headquartered in London with significant offices in New York, Boston, Toronto, Sydney, Singapore, and Brussels, Quantexa is continuing its expansion within the UK, building on our core values of Determination, Ambition, Teamwork and Accountability.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be joining the Research and Development department where you will be working on our core Contextual Decision Intelligence offering: The Quantexa Platform. The Quantexa Platform helps our Customers solve business problems in areas such as fraud, financial crime, data management and many more. Our products process, analyse and display huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity.
The R&D department consists of over 100 people split into agile teams of Engineers, Product Owners, Designers, QA and others each focusing on specific projects and areas of the Platform.
Our back end services are primarily written in Scala and deployed as microservices. We are huge fans of functional and strongly typed programming, making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless. We use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed systems. We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
What do I need to have?
- Take pride in designing, building and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems
- Take a big picture approach to solving problems, taking care to ensure that the solution works well within the wider system
- Commercial Scala and Functional Programming experience (we may consider candidates without if their commercial background is relevant e.g. Java and they have some non-commercial Scala experience)
- Have experience of the full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment
- Experience with DevOps tooling and approaches (automation and tooling is something we are passionate about, we even have a dedicated Developer Tooling team)
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK’s fastest growing scale-ups
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Experience working with any of the following technologies or libraries: Akka, Monix, Cats, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud technologies (we use GCP internally)
- Experience building software which deploys to both on-premise and cloud Environments
- Experience mentoring junior Engineers
Why join Quantexa?
- Regularly benchmarked salary rates at the highest quarter following all principles of equal pay & company bonus
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid workplace & free access to global WeWork locations & events
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Work from Anywhere Scheme: Spend up to 3 months working outside of your country of employment over a rolling 12-month period
- Work from Home Allowance
- Family: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, or Shared Parental Leave
- Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, EAP, Well-being Days, Calm App, Gym Discounts
- Team's Social Budget & Company-wide Summer & Winter Parties
- Tech & Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Volunteer Day off
- Dog-friendly Offices
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, beliefs, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity or ableness – whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and an authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.