Full Stack Software Engineer
Founded in 2016 with only a handful of individuals, Quantexa was built with a purpose that through a greater understanding of context, better decisions can be made. 6 years, 10 locations and 500+ employees later we still believe that today. We connect the dots within our Customers data using dynamic entity resolution and advanced network analytics to create context, empowering businesses to see the bigger picture and drive real value from their data.
Due to the continuous success and high demand from our customers, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with a proven track record to join the Quantexa family. 🚀
What will you be doing?
In this role you will be working on building new back end and front-end features on the Quantexa Platform.
Our products process huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity. The user interface we provide enables users to conduct complex investigations into fraud and financial crime cases and visualise complex networks of criminal activity.
On the back end, our services are primarily written in Scala and deployed as microservices. We are huge fans of functional and strongly typed programming, making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless. We also use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed services. We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
The front end has been developed using modern front-end tools and frameworks such as TypeScript, Angular 6+ and ngrx and has been designed from the ground up to be highly extensible and allow for customisation to meet varying requirements.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Take pride in designing, building, and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems.
- Have experience functional programming using Scala AND/OR experience using modern front-end frameworks, ideally Angular 2+.
- Have experience with the full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment.
- Want to build a rich, data driven application.
- Take a big picture approach to solving problems, taking care to ensure that the solution works well within the wider system.
- Love working with the latest technology.
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK’s fastest-growing Start-ups.
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Working across the entire software stack from the server‐side and batch processing components to the front‐end web development.
- Working with Java and the JVM.
- Has a keen eye for detail with regards to design and UX.
- Knowledge working with any of the following technologies or libraries: Akka, Monix, Cats. Shapeless, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes.
You will be joining Quantexa's R&D team which currently consists of over 40 engineers, working across the front and back end of the application.
Why join Quantexa?
- Regularly benchmarked salary rates at the highest quarter following all principles of equal pay & company bonus
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid workplace & free access to global WeWork locations & events
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Work from Anywhere Scheme: Spend up to 3 months working outside of your country of employment over a rolling 12-month period
- Work from Home Allowance
- Family: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, or Shared Parental Leave
- Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, EAP, Well-being Days, Calm App, Gym Discounts
- Team's Social Budget & Company-wide Summer & Winter Parties
- Tech & Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Volunteer Day off
- Dog-friendly Offices
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, beliefs, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity or ableness – whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and an authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
Something looks off?