Staff Data Engineer
Who are we
Founded in 2017, Lokalise is a cloud-based translation management system that helps businesses streamline their localization processes. It provides a platform for managing translations of software, websites, mobile apps, and other digital content. Overall, Lokalise helps businesses improve their time-to-market, increase translation quality, and reduce costs associated with localization.
Even though our company operates exclusively on a remote basis, you are required to reside in and have legal work eligibility within one of the specified countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Staff Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics team. This team is responsible for transforming Lokalise into a data-driven organization. We work with all data created within Lokalise to provide transparency to our stakeholders and support them with actionable insights.
- Act as a member of the Data team to support Lokalise in becoming more data-driven.
- Develop data flows between our data warehouse and other systems.
- Ensure that data flows are reliable and transfer data with the right quality.
- Work on initiatives that increase efficiency and reduce the spend on our infrastructure.
- Collaborate with our data analysts and analytics engineer to support their daily work.
- Work with our Product Software Engineers to collect data.
- Report to the Manager of Data and Analytics.
You Must Have
- The ability to write code (Python preferred) that transfers data from.
- Experience with data warehouses (such as Snowflake) and writing analytical SQL queries.
- Experience in working with orchestration tools, such as Airflow.
- Strong experience in Data DevOps: deploying and monitoring managed or Docker-based services cloud providers (we mostly use AWS).
- Experience with data movement platforms, such as Fivetran.
It will be considered a significant advantage if you bring
- Experience with event streaming and/or message queue technologies such as Kafka.
- Prior experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) tools, like Debezium.
- Proven track record of using Reverse ETL tools, or creating workflows that load that from a data warehouse to downstream systems.
- Prior experience in a B2B SaaS company and understand how different departments function.
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan
- Fully remote and flexible working hours
- Co-working budget
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-notch tech equipment for your work
- Learning & Development program
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health support - every employee has access to a dedicated mental health platform
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and equal opportunities. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, relationship, marital, or civil partnership statuses, racial identities, national or ethnic origins, religious beliefs, ages, and disability statuses.