Who are we
Founded in 2017, Lokalise is a cloud-based translation management system that helps businesses streamline their localization processes. It provides a platform for managing translations of software, websites, mobile apps, and other digital content. Overall, Lokalise helps businesses improve their time-to-market, increase translation quality, and reduce costs associated with localization.
Even though our company operates exclusively on a remote basis, you are required to reside in and have legal work eligibility within one of the specified countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Engineering Manager to join our Product, Design, Data, and Engineering organization and help drive the success of our products by leading one or more teams.
- Be a people manager of 6-12 Software engineers in one or more teams.
- Work with Tech Leads, Product Managers, and Product Designers to ensure the successful operation of cross-functional teams and effective delivery.
- Expand our impact by interviewing and hiring great Software Engineers.
- Evaluate Engineers’ performance, support career plans, and define compensation plans aligned with the organization. You will spend a significant part of your time coaching and helping engineers to thrive and grow.
- As a part of our engineering leadership team, ensure following the best software development practices, maintain the highest level of excellence, and create solutions that are easily repeatable and scalable.
- Report to Engineering Leadership and work in the planning and growth strategy of the department as needed to meet organizational needs.
- Partner with Product Management in prioritization, decision-making, and roadmapping. By providing clear visibility on effort assessments, risks, and dependencies between tasks.
- Ensure the successful execution and delivery of your teams’ tasks according to the Product Roadmap, by creating quarterly delivery plans and tracking timelines.
You must have:
- Recent 3+ years of experience in an Engineering Management role, at SaaS product companies.
- Solid and diverse background as a software engineer/developer, to ensure a profound understanding of technical intricacies and effectively lead and guide engineering teams.
- A proven track record of managing cross-functional teams, hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- A knack for teamwork and the ability to create and maintain a positive team culture.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Agile processes and principles.
- Proven management ability, including strong communication (excellent English) and prioritization skills.
- Experience in planning and executing complex multi-team products, creating teams, and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability.
- Experience of implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies, and resolving blockages.
It will be considered a significant advantage if you bring
- Work experience in the Localization industry
- Experience in a product company during a scale-up phase
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan
- Fully remote and flexible working hours
- Co-working budget
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-notch tech equipment for your work
- Learning & Development program
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health support - every employee has access to a dedicated mental health platform
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and equal opportunities. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, relationship, marital, or civil partnership statuses, racial identities, national or ethnic origins, religious beliefs, ages, and disability statuses.