Senior Product Designer
Who are we
Founded in 2017, Lokalise is a cloud-based translation management system that helps businesses streamline their localization processes. It provides a platform for managing translations of software, websites, mobile apps, and other digital content. Overall, Lokalise helps businesses improve their time-to-market, increase translation quality, and reduce costs associated with localization.
We need you!
As a Senior Product Designer at Lokalise, you’ll be in charge of the full design process when creating experiences for the Lokalise product. We highly value collaboration, where you’ll work closely with design and research, product management, engineering, and more to capture user insights, make high-impact product decisions, and create intuitive design solutions.
Note: Please include a link to your portfolio (Website, PDF, etc.).
About the Product Design team:
- We are strategic partners, from planning and product innovation to launch.
- We have a broad set of product design skills, from design thinking to interaction design, prototyping, user research, and visual communication.
- We collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and content strategists to build the best localization experience for our customers.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch.
- Strive for a deep understanding of the Lokalise product to make design decisions resulting in a cohesive end-to-end experience.
- Work in a product team with the product manager and engineers as a part of our Product, Design, and Engineering trio to achieve the product vision and goals.
- Take broad and conceptual problems, identify key pain points and frictions, and take an iterative approach to develop multiple ideas and prototypes.
- Conduct mixed methods UX research and leveraging the data in design decisions.
- Design simple and elegant flows that solve complex problems.
- Share insights, learnings, and feedback to continually raise the bar we set for quality.
- At least 3-4 shipped products at a dynamic startup environment.
- Experienced with applying the full design process across multiple projects, including discovery, idea generation, wireframing, rapid prototyping, and creating design specs.
- Proficient in product discovery and gathering user insights to make informed design decisions.
- Excellent visual design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop UI, color, layout, iconography, and esthetic sense and how these elements work together.
- Experience leading product design direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact on people and the company.
- Good communication skills for presenting design decisions, managing stakeholders, and interviewing users.
- Understand the value of requesting and sharing feedback to nurture a healthy design culture at Lokalise.
You’d stand out even more if you have:
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of a game, consumer product, or SME SaaS B2B product.
- Experience connecting your work with other cross-functional team initiatives within the company to drive collaboration.
- Experience with design advocacy and are passionate about increasing a company’s design maturity.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan.
- Flexible working hours - work asynchronously.
- Unlimited vacation policy - yep, unlimited!
- Wellness benefits.
- Comprehensive parental leave.
- Co-working budget.
- Top tech equipment to work with - Apple Mac, Bose headphones, Apple AirPods, etc.
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events.
- Mental health support - every employee has access to a dedicated mental health platform.
Even though our company operates exclusively on a remote basis, you are required to reside in and have legal work eligibility within one of the specified countries.: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and equal opportunities. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, relationship, marital, or civil partnership statuses, racial identities, national or ethnic origins, religious beliefs, ages, and disability statuses.