Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d)
Our cross-functional Engineering teams develop scalable and secure microservices and APIs for the different domains of our product. As Senior Frontend Engineer with the possibility to expand your role into Fullstack, you are not only an individual contributor but also support your team with a strong customer-centric mindset and a drive to take on ownership over product capabilities or technical components in frontend and/or backend.
Your team is one of the functional teams focusing on guiding customers through their technology transformation and supporting them with solution recommendations.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? Well, there are multiple reasons:
- We're on a strong growth trajectory, and by becoming a part of SAP, our future is stable and secure, allowing us to accelerate.
- Our industry-leading products have happy customers and an NPS of 70. Our culture of empowered product teams means we solve problems instead of implementing features. We drive our efforts through close contact with our customers and measuring how they use our products.
- We build it, we run it. We ensure customers can rely on resilient and performant products. We stay ahead of trouble through a high degree of automation, alerting, SRE practices, and On-Call. There is no dedicated operations department in place at LeanIX.
- We prioritize continuous improvement, collaboration, and knowledge sharing. We constantly iterate on our engineering practices and skills to build a software architecture that supports fun at work and the long-term success of the business.
- We value open access to leadership, transparency, and personal development. We successfully enabled many software engineers to grow along with the company into engineering manager or technical lead positions. You’ll continue this success story while we offer you opportunities to grow.
- We value a healthy life balance, and our employees make room for interests and relations outside of their jobs. We offer a hybrid working environment, providing a high grade of flexibility while meeting colleagues in one of our offices occasionally.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Building great user interfaces based on micro frontends with Angular
- Delivery and execution of scalable & secure backend microservices in NodeJS
- Continuous improvement of our micro frontend/backend architecture, CI/CD pipelines, and codebases
- Taking over ownership and driving topics that you are passionate about and that contribute to our product vision
- Design and Implementation of state-of-the-art REST APIs
- Passionate colleagues who are looking forward to sharing knowledge (see our blog!) and learning from you
- Shape the way we work. Do you know a technology that will improve our daily work or our product? Bring it on! Active participation is the name of the game.
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- Micro frontends with Angular (TypeScript, NgRx, Jest, Nx) - Learn more about our micro frontends in this interview
- Microservices with Node.js (TypeScript, Jest)
- Automated testing (JUnit, Testcontainers)
- Modern CI/CD toolchains (e.g., GitHub Actions, Feature Toggling)
- Azure Cloud (Kubernetes Service, Managed PostgreSQL, Eventhubs, Storage)
- API Technologies such as GraphQL and REST
- Event-driven architecture
- Monitoring & Alerting, e.g., Instana, Grafana Cloud, Azure App Insights, PagerDuty
- Product Usage Tracking using Amplitude & Azure Log Analytics
- Find out more about our stack
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who likes to:
- Solve problems and deliver customer value
- Ship code daily or even more often
- Take ownership and drive topics
- Build state-of-the-art & high quality user interfaces
- Work in a product and customer focused team
- 4+ years working experience
- Working proficiently with Angular (or similar frameworks with the willingness to learn Angular as part of the onboarding)
- Experience with building and running a scalable backend service in Node.js is a plus
- Additional Frameworks like Vue, React or Svelte are a plus
- Working experience with modern tools and practices
- Open communication style
LeanIX, an SAP company, is a market leader for enterprise architecture management (EAM), driving the modernization of IT landscapes and continuous business transformation. Its software-as-a-service solutions empower organizations to create transparency, enabling them to visualize, assess and manage the transition towards their target IT architecture. By offering a data-driven and automated approach enhanced with AI, LeanIX helps organizations make sound decisions and collaborate more effectively. LeanIX serves over 1,000 companies globally across various industries, including more than 10% of the Fortune 500 and half of the German DAX 40. Headquartered in Bonn, and offices in Munich and Berlin (Germany), LeanIX also has a strong international presence with offices in Boston (USA), London (UK), Paris (France), Amsterdam (Netherlands), and Ljubljana (Slovenia). In November 2023, LeanIX became part of SAP. For more information, visit www.leanix.net.
LeanIX is not just a product, in fact it‘s a great place to work. Colleagues (600+) from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. We believe in transparent communication, personal development, diverse workforce, innovation by creating ideas that prove useful and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
At LeanIX we have a Connected Remote Work Mode which means you work remotely from your home office and from one of our offices. LeanIX teams and team members decide together on the work mode which suits them best. Next to that we have great benefits for you, CHECK OUT HERE WHAT IS IN FOR YOU! (https://www.leanix.net/en/company/career)
LeanIX is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is vital to driving the growth and success of our company. If you need an equitable interview process alternative, please let our team know at email@example.com. You will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on experience, qualifications, and competencies. LeanIX will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.