Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) - NodeJs
Join us at LeanIX, an SAP company, known for developing scalable and secure microservices and APIs across various product domains. We are searching for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team and assist with backend functionality for our integrations.
Our team, Hamsters, is currently embarking on a new product. We are an integration team, currently switching from providing the hundreds of integrations for helping the customer control their SaaS landscape (like for Zoom, Slack, Salesforce,) to writing integrations for helping the customers control their SAP landscape for a different product in the company. Our goal is to help the customers know, understand, manage and control their SAP products inside the Technology Transformation Suite.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
- Well established team with a group of awesome people. Since we are working on a completely new topic, this gives you a lot of potential to influence the product from the very start, for example, how the infrastructure is going to be set up and evolving in the future.
- Tight feedback loop with customers, from verifying wireframes, collecting continuous feedback, discussing their pain points, iterating on the solution. Customer centricity is always on our minds.
- We believe in the value of open and transparent communication. We actively share the information as soon as it is available, especially when it relates to their situation.
- We believe in the continuous growth of the employees. We give people the opportunity to influence what they work on and the time to work on their personal and career goals. It is also possible to progress to both the manager positions and to the positions in the technical track.
- We believe in work-life balance and a connected remote work style – 80% remotely and 20% in the office in Ljubljana. We also believe that happy, healthy and well-rested teammates make the best work.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Implement and maintain the integration with the SAP REST APIs, that will allow the customers to understand and manage their SAP application landscape (we do not expect any prior experience with SAP products)
- Enjoy regular team events, team lunches, and other socialization opportunities
- The team of coworkers excited about all sort of tech topics, that like debating the technical topics
- Take ownership of the topics you are interested in and drive them to completion
- Having the opportunity to share the knowledge through presentations and writings and to learn from other people in the company
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
80% of the work is covered with:
- On the backend we are using Node.js with Nest.js and Typescript, PostgreSQL
- On the frontend we are using Angular
We are also using other technologies (none of which we expect the proficiency upon starting):
- The code is running on Kubernetes on MS Azure
- GitHub actions for the continuous integration and deployment
- Instana for pod lifecycle tracing
- Sentry for error tracking and grouping
- We use Jira to track epics and tickets
- We use Slack for everyday team communication
- We use Zoom for online calls
- We use Confluence for documentation
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ships the code daily, we often ship the new code multiple times per day
- Works in the team, where we discuss both the customer problems and solution as well as things connected to technical excellence
- Respect for other team members and the ability to resolve conflicts responsibly
- Writing unit tests as part of any code solution
- We like to keep things simple and therefore follow the KISS principle (Keep it simple stupid)
- Experience with the architecture of the software – understanding all components and how they work together
- Proficiency with NodeJS and TypeScript
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English. We are a team with people from multiple countries
- Be an effective organizer, capable of leading and managing the delivery of features from start to finish, including finding the right people, organizing meetings and processes, and devising solutions to obstacles
LeanIX, an SAP company, is a market leader for enterprise architecture management (EAM), driving the modernization of IT landscapes and continuous business transformation. Its software-as-a-service solutions empower organizations to create transparency, enabling them to visualize, assess and manage the transition towards their target IT architecture. By offering a data-driven and automated approach enhanced with AI, LeanIX helps organizations make sound decisions and collaborate more effectively. LeanIX serves over 1,000 companies globally across various industries, including more than 10% of the Fortune 500 and half of the German DAX 40. Headquartered in Bonn, and offices in Munich and Berlin (Germany), LeanIX also has a strong international presence with offices in Boston (USA), London (UK), Paris (France), Amsterdam (Netherlands), and Ljubljana (Slovenia). In November 2023, LeanIX became part of SAP. For more information, visit www.leanix.net.
LeanIX is not just a product, in fact it‘s a great place to work. Colleagues (600+) from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. We believe in transparent communication, personal development, diverse workforce, innovation by creating ideas that prove useful and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
At LeanIX we have a Connected Remote Work Mode which means you work remotely from your home office and from one of our offices. LeanIX teams and team members decide together on the work mode which suits them best. Next to that we have great benefits for you, CHECK OUT HERE WHAT IS IN FOR YOU! (https://www.leanix.net/en/company/career)
LeanIX is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is vital to driving the growth and success of our company. If you need an equitable interview process alternative, please let our team know at email@example.com. You will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on experience, qualifications, and competencies. LeanIX will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.