Senior Backend Engineer - Node.js (f/m/d)
The Executive Dashboards team builds a dashboard experience that delivers insights to top-level decision-takers (CIOs, Heads of IT, etc.) to enable them with taking the right actions for continuously transforming their IT landscape and delivering business value. The team is part of the “Insights and Transformations” group that provides more capabilities around getting insights, taking action and executing transformation projects.
For the Executive Dashboards team we are looking for a senior backend engineer with strong skills in building and running robust and highly available Node.js services with a high focus on delivering customer value. Additionally having experience and willingness to contribute to our frontend (preferably with Angular) is a bonus as the team owns the product end-to-end.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? Well, there are multiple reasons:
- We're on a strong growth trajectory in terms of ARR and team size while scaling in a sustainable and profitable way, making us successful in even challenging economical phases.
- Our products are industry-leading with happy customers and a NPS of 70. Our culture of empowered product teams means we solve problems instead of implementing features. We drive our efforts through close contact with our customers and measuring how they use our products.
- We build it, we run it. We ensure customers can rely on resilient and performant products. We stay ahead of trouble through a high degree of automation, alerting, SRE practises and On-Call. There is no dedicated operations department in place at LeanIX.
- We prioritize continuous improvement, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We constantly iterate on our engineering practices and skills to build a software architecture that supports fun at work and long term success of the business.
- We value open access to leadership, transparency and personal development. We successfully enabled many software engineers to grow along with the company into engineering manager or technical lead positions. You’ll continue this success story while we offer you opportunities to grow.
- We value a healthy life balance and our employees make room for interests and relations outside of their job. We offer a hybrid working environment, providing a high grade of flexibility while meeting colleagues in one of our offices from time to time.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Implementation of scalable, resilient & secure backend services in Node.js
- Option to contribute to the implementation of our UIs based on micro frontends with Angular
- Collaboratively shape the products we build with a product-minded engineering mindset
- Continuous improvement of our architecture, CI/CD pipelines and codebase
- Passionate colleagues who are looking forward to share knowledge (see our blog!) and learn from you
- Shape the way we work. You know a technology that will improve our daily work or our product? Bring it on! Active participation is the name of the game.
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- Microservices based on Node.js & Typescript
- Infrastructure based on Azure ecosystem, Kubernetes, & Docker
- API technologies such as REST and GraphQL
- Event-driven architecture
- Modern CI/CD toolchains (e.g. Github Actions, Feature Toggling)
- Angular (Micro) Frontends (TypeScript, Tailwind, NgRx, Nx, Jest)
- Monitoring & Alerting, e.g. Instana
- Product Usage Tracking using Amplitude & Azure Log Analytics
Further details can be found here.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who likes to:
- Live by our engineering values
- Solve architectural challenges and deliver customer value in a SaaS product environment
- Collaborate with Product Management & UI/UX teams as part of a customer focussed team
- Turn ambiguity of complex and fuzzy requirements into working software solutions
- Ship code daily or even more often
- Take ownership of a whole micro service and lead technical topics
- Build state-of-the-art & high quality SaaS products
- Continuously learn, be proactive and curious
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- 4+ years working experience with Node.js (at best in a SaaS environment)
- Open communication style, strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Technical leadership skills
- Ability and willingness to work on-site in our Bonn office at least 20% of your time. Kindly note: We are only accepting applications from candidates based in Germany.
- Experience with Python (as we have to maintain a Python service)
- Experience in building user interfaces with Angular
- Prior knowledge in the domain of Enterprise Architecture.
LeanIX, The Continuous Transformation Platform® that efficiently organizes, plans and manages IT landscapes, supporting 1.000+ customers with our 3 solutions Enterprise Architecture Management, SaaS Management Platform and Value Stream Management.
LeanIX is not just a product, in fact it‘s a great place to work. Colleagues (500+) from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. We believe in transparent communication, personal development, diverse workforce, innovation by creating ideas that prove useful and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
At LeanIX we have a Connected Remote Work Mode which means you work remotely from your home office and from one of our offices. LeanIX teams and team members decide together on the work mode which suits them best. Next to that we have great benefits for you, CHECK OUT HERE WHAT IS IN FOR YOU! (https://www.leanix.net/en/company/career)
LeanIX is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is vital to driving the growth and success of our company. If you need an equitable interview process alternative, please let our team know at email@example.com. You will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on experience, qualifications, and competencies. LeanIX will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.