Engineering Manager (f/m/d) - SAP Integrations
As an Engineering Manager you will lead and grow a pizza-sized team of product-minded developers. Additionally you will contribute to development to build and continuously improve our Software-as-a-service product. You will solve challenging customer and architecture problems through scalable and resilient software built on a modern tech stack and micro service architecture. Combine your excellent technical skills with your leadership abilities and help us to be one of the best engineering organisations in the world.
Your team is one of three cross-functional teams building our EAM Integrations, connecting our EAM product with the SAP landscape. The team’s mission is to:
- Continue to build our existing SAP Signavio Integration, supporting customers in their BPM practise
- Discover new integrations into the SAP landscape, integrating products such as SAP Cloud ALM or SAP Signavio Journey Modeler
- Support customers in use cases such as SAP S/4HANA Transformation
- Making sure, LeanIX remains an SAP Endorsed App
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? Well, there are multiple reasons:
- We're on a strong growth trajectory in terms of ARR and team size while scaling in a sustainable and profitable way, making us successful in even challenging economical phases.
- Our products are industry-leading with happy customers and a NPS of 70. Our culture of empowered product teams means we solve problems instead of implementing features. We drive our efforts through close contact with our customers and measuring how they use our products.
- We build it, we run it. We ensure customers can rely on resilient and performant products. We stay ahead of trouble through a high degree of automation, alerting, SRE practises and On-Call. There is no dedicated operations department in place at LeanIX.
- We prioritize continuous improvement, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We constantly iterate on our engineering practices and skills to build a software architecture that supports fun at work and long term success of the business.
- We value open access to leadership, transparency and personal development. We successfully enabled many software engineers to grow along with the company into engineering manager or technical lead positions. You’ll continue this success story while we offer you opportunities to grow.
- We value a healthy life balance and our employees make room for interests and relations outside of their job. We offer a hybrid working environment, providing a high grade of flexibility while meeting colleagues in one of our offices from time to time.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
Your main objective is to lead your team and yourself:
- Drive growth and culture through 1:1s with individuals and in team sessions
- Guide your team to continuously improve the development process and to make customer centricity part of their DNA
- Inspire your team to work collaboratively, share knowledge and look beyond the team’s boundaries.
- Scale your team by leading the hiring efforts
- Learn and grow as a professional through leadership and buddy programs, training budgets and a strong community of leaders within and outside of Engineering
LeanIX believes in hands-on managers, so you will also spend a considerable amount of your time to:
- Build the best possible product for our customers with a customer-first, outcome-oriented mindset
- Bring in senior engineer experience and a proven track record of strong problem-solving skills at scale
- Utilise your ability to continuously improve our software stack and developer experience through code
- Guide your team to closely align with Product Management and UX experts
Only a very small portion of your time will go into administrative topics such as approving expenses, vacations, travel, etc.
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- Backends in Kotlin/Java using microservice frameworks, e.g. Dropwizard
- Micro Frontends with Angular (TypeScript, NgRx, Jest, Nx)
- Automated testing (JUnit, Testcontainers)
- Modern CI/CD toolchains (e.g. Github Actions, Feature Toggling)
- Azure Cloud (Kubernetes Service, Managed PostgreSQL, Eventhubs, Storage)
- API Technologies such as GraphQL and REST
- Event-driven architecture
- Monitoring & Alerting, e.g., Instana, Grafana Cloud, Azure App Insights, PagerDuty
- Product Usage Tracking using Amplitude & Azure Log Analytics
- Find out more about our stack
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who likes to:
- Lead engineering teams according to our Engineering Values
- Solve problems at scale and deliver customer value in a SaaS product environment
- Continuously learn, be proactive and curious
- 5+ years of proven track record engineering experience along our technical stack
- Experience as leader of engineering teams
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to work on-site in our Bonn office at least 20% of your time
Kindly note: We are only accepting applications from candidates based in Germany
- Prior knowledge in the SAP ecosystem
- Prior knowledge in the domain of Enterprise Architecture
LeanIX, The Continuous Transformation Platform® that efficiently organizes, plans and manages IT landscapes, supporting 1.000+ customers with our 3 solutions Enterprise Architecture Management, SaaS Management Platform and Value Stream Management.
LeanIX is not just a product, in fact it‘s a great place to work. Colleagues (500+) from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. We believe in transparent communication, personal development, diverse workforce, innovation by creating ideas that prove useful and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
At LeanIX we have a Connected Remote Work Mode which means you work remotely from your home office and from one of our offices. LeanIX teams and team members decide together on the work mode which suits them best. Next to that we have great benefits for you, CHECK OUT HERE WHAT IS IN FOR YOU! (https://www.leanix.net/en/company/career)
LeanIX is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is vital to driving the growth and success of our company. If you need an equitable interview process alternative, please let our team know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on experience, qualifications, and competencies. LeanIX will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.