Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) - Kotlin - SAP Integrations
This position is for our cross-functional engineering team that develops scalable and secure microservices and APIs for the integrations we build between our products and the SAP landscape. As Backend Developer you are not only individual contributor but support your team with a strong customer-centric mindset and a drive to take on ownership over product capabilities or technical components. Two week sprints based on Scrum help our teams to self-organise their tasks and continuously improve the way they work to deliver value through our products for our customers.
Your team is one of three cross-functional teams building our EAM Integrations, connecting our EAM product with the SAP landscape. The team’s mission is to:
- Continue to build our existing SAP Signavio Integration, supporting customers in their BPM practise
- Discover new integrations into the SAP landscape, integrating products such as SAP Cloud ALM or SAP Signavio Journey Modeler
- Support customers in use cases such as SAP S/4HANA Transformation
- Making sure, LeanIX remains an SAP Endorsed App
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? Well, there are multiple reasons:
- We're on a strong growth trajectory in terms of ARR and team size while scaling in a sustainable and profitable way, making us successful in even challenging economical phases.
- Our products are industry-leading with happy customers and a NPS of 70. Our culture of empowered product teams means we solve problems instead of implementing features. We drive our efforts through close contact with our customers and measuring how they use our products.
- We build it, we run it. We ensure customers can rely on resilient and performant products. We stay ahead of trouble through a high degree of automation, alerting, SRE practises and On-Call. There is no dedicated operations department in place at LeanIX.
- We prioritize continuous improvement, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We constantly iterate on our engineering practices and skills to build a software architecture that supports fun at work and long term success of the business.
- We value open access to leadership, transparency and personal development. We successfully enabled many software engineers to grow along with the company into engineering manager or technical lead positions. You’ll continue this success story while we offer you opportunities to grow.
- We value a healthy life balance and our employees make room for interests and relations outside of their job. We offer a hybrid working environment, providing a high grade of flexibility while meeting colleagues in one of our offices from time to time.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Implementation of scalable & secure backend services in Kotlin/Java
- Design and Implementation of robust integrations between our products and the SAP landscape
- Design and Implementation of state-of-the-art REST APIs
- Continuous Improvement of our architecture, CI/CD pipelines and codebase
- Passionate colleagues who are looking forward to share knowledge (see our blog!) and learn from you
- Shape the way we work. You know a technology that will improve our daily work or our product? Bring it on! Active participation is the name of the game.
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- Backends in Kotlin/Java using microservice frameworks, e.g. Dropwizard
- Automated testing (JUnit, Testcontainers)
- Modern CI/CD toolchains (e.g. Github Actions, Feature Toggling)
- Azure Cloud (Kubernetes Service, Managed PostgreSQL, Eventhubs, Storage)
- API Technologies such as GraphQL and REST
- Event-driven architecture
- Monitoring & Alerting, e.g., Instana, Grafana Cloud, Azure App Insights, PagerDuty
- Product Usage Tracking using Amplitude & Azure Log Analytics
- Find out more about our stack
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who likes to:
- Solve problems and deliver customer value
- Ship code daily or even more often
- Take ownership and drive topics
- Work in a product and customer focussed team
- 2 to 4 years working experience
- Working proficiently with Kotlin (or Java with willingness to learn Kotlin as part of the onboarding)
- Working experience with modern tools and practises
- Open communication style, strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to work on-site in our Bonn office at least 20% of your time
Kindly note: We are only accepting applications from candidates based in Germany
LeanIX, The Continuous Transformation Platform® that efficiently organizes, plans and manages IT landscapes, supporting 1.000+ customers with our 3 solutions Enterprise Architecture Management, SaaS Management Platform and Value Stream Management.
LeanIX is not just a product, in fact it‘s a great place to work. Colleagues (500+) from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. We believe in transparent communication, personal development, diverse workforce, innovation by creating ideas that prove useful and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
At LeanIX we have a Connected Remote Work Mode which means you work remotely from your home office and from one of our offices. LeanIX teams and team members decide together on the work mode which suits them best. Next to that we have great benefits for you, CHECK OUT HERE WHAT IS IN FOR YOU! (https://www.leanix.net/en/company/career)
LeanIX is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is vital to driving the growth and success of our company. If you need an equitable interview process alternative, please let our team know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on experience, qualifications, and competencies. LeanIX will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.