Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Hoxhunt in a nutshell
Hoxhunt was founded in 2016 by four visionaries. With our $40M Series B round secured in 2022, Hoxhunt is one of the hottest scale-up companies in the cybersecurity human risk management category in the world. Our team of 140 Hoxhunters are spread across offices in Finland and the United States.
Hoxhunt is the top-rated phishing training and awareness solution on G2, and we are the fastest-growing software company in Finland, according to the Deloitte Fast 50 rankings. Hoxhunt educates employees on how to protect themselves and their employers against malicious cyberattacks. We know the best way to do this is through frequent, personalized, and habit-forming cybersecurity training.
Are you seeking professional and personal growth in a purpose-driven company? We might be the perfect choice!
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to lead the efforts in fortifying our software ecosystem against evolving threats. This role is not just about guidance; it's equally about implementation. Your mission is twofold: safeguard our software applications and empower our engineering teams with unparalleled security insight. You will:
- Design, create, and fine-tune cutting-edge security controls
- Dive deep into security reviews, vulnerability scans, and meticulous code assessments
- Lead incident responses firsthand, becoming the frontline against emerging threats
- Engage directly with multidisciplinary teams, embedding security in every step
- Impart hands-on secure coding standards and lead practical training sessions
- Roll up your sleeves to pioneer the creation and automation of security tools, enhancing our defenses in real-time
- Actively participate in data governance strategies, implement security-critical product features, and lead from the front in our security operations
In the heart of our organization, your expertise won't be from the sidelines. You'll be active, shaping a culture of security, forging trust, and ensuring our products remain steadfast in a dynamic digital world.
To succeed in the role, you should:
- Have a strong interest in and understanding of all aspects of securinga SaaS service
- Understand the needs of engineering teams and help them excel in creating secure software
- Continuously develop your toolbox to design and implement controls
- A strong understanding of web application security and common security protocols
- Strong engineering background and programming experience (e.g. TypeScript, Go, Python)
- Experience with application security data analysis from DAST, SAST, SCA, and vulnerability tooling
- Experience finding and fixing common infrastructure and application security vulnerabilities
- Experience with Cloud security principles in one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure, or OCI public cloud providers
- Experience performing threat modeling, design, and code reviews
- Experience in securing large scale distributed systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate well with software development teams
- Familiarity with industry-standard threat modeling, risk modeling, and vulnerability classification
- Strong experience in at least one security domain: application security, mobile security, cloud security, systems security, program analysis, or reverse engineering
- Expertise in multiple security domains, prior pen-test, security assessment, or bug bounty experience
Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and its tools (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Dataflow, Cloud Composer etc.) is considered a plus.
Top reasons why you should join Hoxhunt?
- The Salary band for this role is €6,000-€8,000 per month
- All employees have health insurance under OP Extra Terveysturva
- The office has a swimming pool, gym, and spa, available to all Hoxhunters
- Cybersecurity is a growing industry. You get to build a product that defends companies from cybercrime, help support the cyber skills training for vast amounts of everyday professionals, and make the world more cyber secure
- Since 2016, our team has grown from 4 founders to 140 people, while our business has been recognised as the fastest growing software company in Finland, in the Deloitte Fast 50 program
- Hoxhunt’s add-on for engaging with training and reporting real threats are present on 500,000+ workstations and accounts globally
- We have a strong company culture and care for our people
- Be a part of a growing organisation where you can see the immediate impact of your work
- Finally, we promise you a fun but ambitious environment with a lot of laughter
Our recruitment process for this role
1. Phone discussion with our Talent Acquisition team (30 min, videoconference)
2. Hiring manager interview (60 min, videoconference)
4. Homework & review (90 min preparation, 60 min videoconference)
5. Reference checks
If you are interested, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile. We look forward to speaking with you soon!