Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We have a multicultural Engineering team of 120 plus people working in 5 countries who build, grow and maintain our applications and platform. Our engineering landscape provides the technology to extend our capabilities and features across a couple of customer-facing applications: Optimalprint and Gelato API plus the digital connectivity platform. The employed technologies range from backends using PHP and GoLang to mobile apps built natively or with hybrid technology, running on cloud services and with a modern CI/CD pipeline.
About The Position
What you will be doing
The world is changing more rapidly than ever before. We recognize this at Gelato and put the speed of execution at the heart of how we operate and how we challenge each other.
Product Managers at Gelato drive our business forward with energy and pace. We solve problems rapidly, wielding data and intuition in equal measure, and finding innovative approaches to many of the complex challenges we encounter as we continue to scale our business.
In this role you will work closely with our production partners and operations team to build products and tools to enable world class operational efficiency. It requires the ability to dive deep into production processes to understand how to solve hard problems through technology. Your product spans from desktop web and application to native mobile.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting a clear product vision and strategy for your area
- Owning an ambitious roadmap that connects customers, business partners, engineering and design in a powerful way
- Leading and supporting engineering teams in execution to produce world-class solutions that validate ideas, delight customers, and unlock speed and scale for the business
- Obsessing over the data, instrumentation and getting to the core of issues
- Working very closely with customers to understand what we build and why
- Thinking entrepreneurially about how to make progress: we operate in an ecosystem of solutions and services, and many problems we face have already been solved in some form by others.
Who you are
In order to be successful and enjoy being a Product Manager at Gelato, you will need first and foremost to have an entrepreneurial mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance, as you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have a passion for building great products and technology, superior communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail.
You’re a doer, who will adapt and change tactics until you find the winning approach. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty in the problems of today, yet never losing sight of the long-term direction. You have stamina, resilience, and grit.
You may be a good fit if:
- Graduate degree with a strong academic performance from a top tier university
- You can think in terms of the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You have an instinct for great product design, and can advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a testing plan, analysing large data sets, or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You communicate with empathy, precision and clarity
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
- While we generally value attitude over skills, we expect that you’ve spent at least five years in a fast-paced product management role
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.
At Gelato, we pride ourselves on our global presence with 16 offices worldwide, fostering a dynamic and diverse work environment. Rooted in a culture that values collaboration, creativity, and camaraderie, we actively cultivate a company culture that thrives on shared experiences. We encourage team members to embrace this culture by working from our inspiring office spaces at least three days a week, allowing for meaningful connections and collective growth.