Senior Supply Chain Manager
Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
What you will be doing
With a global network of production and logistics partners, operational excellence is at the core of how Gelato delivers value to its customers. As Supply Chain Manager, you will help Gelato to grow, develop and reimagine its global supply chain operations. As part of the supply chain team, you will work on multiple tasks at a fast pace, engaging directly with our suppliers
Some key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee and build relationships with our suppliers and select and develop new ones, identifying the best opportunities in key markets for our partners
- Partner with product expansion teams to define requirements; assist with identifying vendors; lead RFQ process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimize commercial terms
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance and measure against KPI criteria
- Create and update sourcing reports and documentation
- Analyze operational performance and resolve issues. Collaborate with suppliers to ensure all products meet quality standards
- Identify and implement best practice operational processes, and harness the power of advanced analytics to optimize for reliability.
- Effectively contribute tactical and functional insight, as well as a longer-term strategic points of view to help drive key cross-functional/company-wide decisions and direction
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a start-up mentality, experience in procurement or supply chain, and be ready to dive in with our manufacturing partners in the region. The ideal candidate is a hands-on problem solver, who wants to exceed expectations, is eager to learn and improve. You are comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders, able to articulate complexity, and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
More than that we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Strong project management skills and results orientation
- Good communication and negotiation ability, with a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Critical and active thinking to embrace changes and relentlessly look for breakthroughs to deliver successes.
- University degree, masters preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in operations or supply chain
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with great attention to detail
- Fluency in English
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.
At Gelato, we pride ourselves on our global presence with 16 offices worldwide, fostering a dynamic and diverse work environment. Rooted in a culture that values collaboration, creativity, and camaraderie, we actively cultivate a company culture that thrives on shared experiences. We encourage team members to embrace this culture by working from our inspiring office spaces at least three days a week, allowing for meaningful connections and collective growth.