Supply Chain Planning Manager
Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
What you will we doing
We are looking for a data-driven, analytical, and innovative Supply Planner with proven experience in navigating complex supply chains in an ambiguous work environment.
In this role, you will support the throughput of volume through our own warehouses as well local suppliers for our production partners by working closely with cross-functional teams to build an effective supply chain that will lead to delivering best in class customer experiences. As a Supply Planner, you would be an integral part of the team and responsible for availability of stockable items for a region. Using your analytics skills, you will help to continually improve the availability and reduce costs of our supply chain to delight customers.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Efficiently manage and take ownership of supply chains for key products (e.g. wall art, phone cases, glassware etc), driving forecasting and demand planning in your region to secure the capacity to meet our growing demand
- Manage ordering, inventory health, item-level forecasting
- Participate in discussions with vendors to resolve supply challenges
- Reviews business metrics such as In Stock, Out of Stock, Inventory Levels (Days of Cover), Forecast Accuracy, Unsellable Inventory Status to identify gap-to-goal
- Drive operational improvements through identification of process improvement initiatives
- Interact with operations teams and drive efficiencies through close collaboration
- Manage inbound shipments: scheduling and delivery lead time
- Achieve and maintain high in stock levels through replenishment programs
- Analyze inventory position and SKU performance to determine inventory liability
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience with a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Analytical thinker and team player, a self-starter, willing to take responsibility for problem solving.
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel
- Basic knowledge of SQL
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.
At Gelato, we pride ourselves on our global presence with 16 offices worldwide, fostering a dynamic and diverse work environment. Rooted in a culture that values collaboration, creativity, and camaraderie, we actively cultivate a company culture that thrives on shared experiences. We encourage team members to embrace this culture by working from our inspiring office spaces at least three days a week, allowing for meaningful connections and collective growth.