Senior Software Engineer
Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced.We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 33 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We have a multicultural Engineering team of 120 plus people working in 5 countries who build, grow and maintain our applications and platform. Our engineering landscape provides the technology to extend our capabilities and features across a couple of customer-facing applications: Optimalprint and Gelato API plus the digital connectivity platform. The employed technologies range from backends using PHP and GoLang to mobile apps built natively or with hybrid technology, running on cloud services and with a modern CI/CD pipeline.
Have a look at more on Engineering at Gelato.
What you will be doing
- Using the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Collaborating closely with other engineers as a valuable member of a cross-functional team
- Sharing your knowledge and building creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Designing, developing, and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
Who you are
- A minimum of B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or 5+ years in a similar position
- Able to adapt, change and grow quickly as we scale the organization
- Passionate about engineering practices like agile, continuous delivery, test-driven development, traceability, and observability
- Growth mentality, are curious and not afraid to be experimental.
- You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- Solid experience as an Engineer designing, developing, and maintaining API driven solutions
- Strong communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail
You’ll get to work with:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PHP (Symfony) and/or GoLang
- Microservices architecture
- PostgreSQL, Elastic search, RabbitMQ
- Memcache, Redis
- ELK, Jaeger, Prometheus & Grafana
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.