Who we are
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law, and government.
What we do
We make the internet a far safer place for work and play. We develop cyber security products that bring together our own electronic hardware, firmware and software to provide an unrivalled combination of security, usability and performance to ensure that risky web content is never processed on the user’s endpoint device.
Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products, and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
This role is targeted at an individual who wishes to study towards completing a professional accountancy qualification. If offers variety and responsibility within a fast-paced and growing company where you will be encouraged to take ownership, solve problems and contribute towards the success of the company.
We expect that the candidate will assume a wider set of responsibilities as they gain the experience necessary to execute them. Agility and a willingness to adapt to change and work with multi-disciplinary teams will be important, as will the candidate’s preparedness to think beyond the routine and contribute to process and systems improvement projects that will support the company’s ambitious growth targets.
The ideal candidate for this Assistant Accountant role is a university graduate currently working towards the ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are authorised in accordance with company policy, correctly processed and accounted for in a timely manner
- Processing staff expenses
- Preparation of monthly payment runs for authorisation
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts to monthly supplier statements
- Managing accruals and prepayments
- Supporting stock reconciliations and stock counts
- Managing the Fixed Assets register
- Supporting financial reporting and auditing activities
- Recognising the industry that Garrison operates in, and appreciating the importance of following Garrison's information security policies.
Skills and experience
You’ll be perfect if you have the following experience/skills
- Good experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Excel skills (e.g. Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Formulas, SumIFs, Macros)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under time pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable communicating with individuals at senior levels
- Studying towards ACCA or CIMA
- Accounts Payable and/or Accounts receivable experience
It would be super useful if you’ve covered the followi
- Accruals, prepayments and account reconciliations
And the following would be a massive bonus!
- Experience completing VAT returns
- Flexible working hours and regular working from home
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to purchase more)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Share options
- Perkbox discounts
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours and working from home options
- Daily fruit, snacks and drinks in our offices
- Regular socials – such as games and quiz nights, picnics, theatre, and lots more
Something looks off?