Software Engineer (C++)
Who we are
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Our working culture
We are an exciting scale-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a track record of developing innovative solutions and extending complex code bases to join our Platform team. The Platform team at Garrison is responsible for the development and delivery of all of the aspects of the “backend” software of our solution, including applications running on embedded Linux running on top of our custom hardware to Python-based web applications for enterprise integration and management.
You will be involved in developing software across all our platforms and creating new products and capabilities, contributing to all aspects of product engineering within the team and taking the lead on creating software components for our current and future products.
2023/24 is shaping up to be our busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place!
Product software development
- Developing functionality for the product to meet the key market needs with a focus on delivering reliable, high-quality software solutions.
- Contributing to the scoping and design of new software and supporting planning and estimating, including responsibility for estimating individual development tasks.
Integration, test and sustainment
- Performing the end-to-end integration and test of software components and deploying them onto hardware through both manual testing and automated test development.
- Collaborating with hardware and firmware teams to mitigate risks in both the overall design and in the integration of hardware and software.
Continuous improvement and innovation
- Improving code maintainability, automation and supportability, e.g. code refactoring, code peer-review, unit test development and provision of stable APIs.
- Suggesting and progressing opportunities for innovation across the product, investigating new technologies and techniques, performing prototyping with the direction of senior leadership, and discovering new opportunities for new design improvements and product features.
- Recognising the industry that Garrison operates in, and appreciating the importance of following Garrison's information security policies.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of multiple programming languages (including exposure to C++ and Python) and core computer science concepts such as concurrency, networking, performance and algorithms.
- A passion for technology, demonstrated through previous project work, professional roles and/or personal projects. You’ll likely enjoy technical challenges and delivering results!
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, and can cope when thrown in at the deep end.
- Will understand the importance of planning, prioritisation and getting work done on schedule.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, plus the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
These are the employee benefits that we can offer you at Garrison:
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to purchase more)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Share options
- Perkbox discounts
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours and working from home options
- Daily fruit, snacks and drinks in our offices
- Regular socials – such as games and quiz nights, picnics, theatre, and lots more
Something looks off?