SDR / Inside Sales
Who we are
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $70m of VC investment funds to date Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Our working culture
We are an exciting scale-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive culture, and an excellent work/life balance.
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
An exciting new opportunity has been created within Garrison’s sales team, covering the sales of our whole portfolio of solutions to new customers across the globe. This is a new area of the business where we are building a new and independent go-to-market (GTM) team to provide support to the wider sales team. We are currently looking for highly motivated SDR / Inside Sales professionals to help build this new capability.
Inside sales for this offering will be focused on creative and innovative ways of reaching a very specific, highly-targeted set of buyers. This will involve thoughtful analysis of our existing customers and networks, and establishing trust and immediate benefit with new leads through thought-leadership events and activities.
In short, we will not be setting targets for 50 outbound calls a day, rather we will be outcomes driven, looking for the inside sales team to work closely with both marketing and sales execs to better establish highly qualified leads and nurture them through to sales meetings with key AEs. This will involve supporting events (conferences, exhibitions, dinners), detailed account mapping, working closely with existing customers for references, linking to compelling collateral (and support in identifying topics) and arranging meetings.
The successful candidate will be a sharp, self-starting person with the ability to react quickly to new requirements and shifting priorities, with a drive to develop, improve and innovate. Prior experience in a sales team is not essential, but a motivation to succeed is imperative – you will be driven to connect and begin conversations with change-makers across the globe.
· Learning the Garrison sales pitch, alongside a deeper understanding of the cyber security industry and key competitors / alternative technologies
· Working closely with the marketing team to support lead-gen (events, conferences, dinners) including ‘pitching Garrison’ to potential leads (but not typically from a ‘cold call’). Identifying possible new events / networks to be part of
· Qualification of these initial leads against known positive traits
· Nurturing of qualified leads through account mapping, directed collateral and invites to thought-leadership events. Support in generating newsletters and ad-hoc materials
· Converting leads through to initial sales meetings with our Account Exec team
· Supporting AEs in further account mapping and customer journey activities to support successful closure
· Supporting AEs in managing the CRM tooling, quote creation and commercial / legal requirements
· Helping create the playbooks and collateral to support the growth of the inside sales team based on the knowledge gained through the above activities
· Support in developing the internal processes and tools to establish a highly optimised and effective inside sales team
· Recognising the industry that Garrison operates in and appreciating the importance of following Garrison's information security policies.
Required Skills and Experience
You will be perfect for the role with:
· A keen interest in the cybersecurity industry.
· Cross-team collaboration with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Self-motivation, curious, adaptable, enjoys prospecting challenges and delivering results.
· Calmness under pressure, maintaining a diplomatic manner even when being challenged
· Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
It would be super useful if you have the following:
· A background or knowledge in technology/engineering/cyber security.
· Prior B2B sales experience, ideally inside sales that haven’t focused on cold-calling approaches.
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities:
· You are self-motivated, resilient, enjoy technical challenges and delivering results.
· You are calm under pressure able to maintain a diplomatic manner.
· You are flexible and adaptable with strong time management skills.
You tackle problem solving in a logical and systematic approach.
These are the employee benefits that we can offer you at Garrison:
· 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to purchase more)
· Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on minimum contribution)
· Personal annual training budget
· Share options
· Perkbox discounts
· Life assurance and critical illness cover
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Enhanced parental leave
· Income protection
· Cycle to work scheme
· Interest-free season ticket loans