Chief of Staff
FlowX is a leading provider of AI-powered application modernization solutions, dedicated to expediting the digital transformation journey for global financial institutions. Through its innovative solutions, clients realize swift ROI, substantial cost savings, and unlock new revenue opportunities. Recently, FlowX secured the largest Series A funding round for enterprise software over the past two years.
Flowx.ai is seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to join our team as a Chief of Staff, Serving as a prominent strategic partner to our CEO. This position plays a critical role in enabling effective decision-making, overseeing project management, and driving the execution of strategic initiatives across the organization. The CoS establishes and maintains the essential organizational and communication framework that allows our customers, employees, and leadership team members to translate the CEO's vision into tangible results, ensuring the achievement of annual goals. A forward-thinking and visionary individual, the CoS is committed to long-term planning and projects that pave the way for our organization's growth and the triumph of our CEO.
This is what you will be contributing to:
- Communications Director: Relay information between executive team members and other staff members. Attend board meetings, provide an overall picture of productivity to executives and stakeholders, and transmit information to department heads.
- Strategic Advisor: Provide data analysis and metrics of the company's productivity to the executive team, and suggest strategic initiatives to improve workflow, teamwork, and budget management.
- Chief Coordinator: Manage essential daily tasks that frequently exceed the bandwidth of executive team members, including the facilitation of project coordination and the oversight of business administration in collaboration with department leaders.
- Master Organizer: Partner closely with the CEO's Executive Assistant to design and implement a strategic framework that empowers the CEO to focus on high-impact tasks efficiently.
- Problem Solver: Wield decision-making power to identify employee issues and provide workable solutions, then communicate only the pertinent details to the executive team and board members, who may or may not follow up with additional direction.
- Special Projects Team Leader: Assess the risk, cost, and work required for new initiatives and special projects from the CEO and/or board, as well as facilitate and oversee the project to completion.
Experience & skill set you need to succeed:
- 7+ years of professional experience in a Chief of Staff role or consulting roles with a high level of business acumen, consistently delivering results, and navigating multifaceted challenges is required
- Skilled in orchestrating impactful leadership and board meetings, ensuring seamless communication flow, and facilitating effective decision-making
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience and the ability to drive initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CEO.
- Comfortable serving as an extension of the CEO and information funnel, filter, and facilitator with internal and external stakeholders, including the CEO's direct reports and Executive Assistant
- Ability to serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor to the CEO, standing in on meetings, offering a different perspective, and following up on action items with the team accordingly
- Analytically inclined, skilled at deriving actionable insights and recommendations to inform high-impact decisions.
What's in it for you
- Joining a product company in such early stages means you are invited to leave a print on the evolution of both the business and the product
- Working directly with the CEO. You'll wear lots of hats: company strategy, fundraising, business operations, marketing, sales, hiring, product, etc
- Direct involvement in further building the team & the culture
- Early-stage equity and competitive benefits package