Sales Development Representative
WHO WE ARE.
Element is the start-up which employs the core team behind Matrix - the leading project for secure, open, decentralised communication.
Matrix’s mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations thanks to advanced encryption, and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
The Matrix protocol is used by millions of people globally, from the French and German governments through to community groups and open source projects like Modzilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia.
Matrix powers Element, our flagship messaging apps for web, iOS & Android, along with our Enterprise Server Suite, our SaaS platform for business users.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for Element’s prospects (typically public sector organisations, but also mid-large businesses and open source communities).
You will be responsible for both inbound and outbound (including ABM) sales development. As the only SDR in the business, you’ll work very closely with the Marketing function and of course the Sales team.
Inbound: You’ll triage Element’s inbound queries, and conduct discovery calls where appropriate. The primary metric here will be MQL -> SQL -> Opp conversion.
Outbound: With support from the Marketing function, you’ll approach key prospects within our ideal customer profile (ICP). The primary metric here will be generating initial qualified meetings.
You will report into the Head of Marketing.
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow to meet or exceed MQL->SQL->Opportunity conversion targets
- Execute outbound prospecting initiatives to meet or exceed SDR-generated Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets
- A focus on phone/video contact with prospects, as well as utilising email and social channels
- Partner with Marketing function, contributing to new initiatives
- Ensure a close working relationship with the Sales function and individual account executives
- Work with AEs to ensure AE-owned SQLs/Opps are well managed
- With the support of the Marketing function, nurture existing prospects to bring them through the pipeline
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilise business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Work closely with RevOps to manage, track, and report on all SDR metrics and activities using Chili Piper, Hubspot, SalesLoft and Salesforce
- Participate in documenting all processes in the Element handbook and update as needed with in collaboration with the rest of the Sales team
- Work in collaboration with Marketing to drive attendance at regional marketing events
- Where possible/appropriate attend events to engage with participants, identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings
- Identify and appropriately manage inbound partnership-orientated leads
While being passionate about helping customers to buy, you have a strong curiosity and appreciation of open source technology. You are looking forward to making a real impact to the world by distributing tech which addresses concrete and very topical pain points. By growing the Matrix footprint you are helping users to take back control of their communications.
More concretely, you need to have:
- 4+ years work experience in a comparable role
- Good technical knowledge, to enable fruitful initial prospect discussions; for example being aware of hosting options, E2EE, federation, open source, open standards, SSO etc
- Positive and energetic phone skills together with excellent listening skills
- Outbound prospecting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organisational structure
- A track record of successful, credible achievements - you're a natural self-starter, with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about being a part of Element’s journey - you share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- An interest in technology, in particular privacy focused and open source
- Proficient in (and/or prepared to self-learn) using Chili Piper, Hubspot, SalesLoft, Salesforce and LinkedIn
- Excited by the prospect of working cross-functionally with sales and marketing departments. You'll have exposure to different departments like Sales, Marketing, which helps you determine your career path at Element
- Excellent written and spoken English
Our products are for everyone, and we know we cannot succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be humane and give candidates the best possible chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
The team operates remotely and currently we can consider applicants from these countries: Germany, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland, UK.
- Private Health Insurance
- Plumm Health
- Annual Bonus
- Share Options
- Home Office Allowance
- L&D annual budget
- 40 Days Annual Leave (including local bank holidays)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Company Socials
- Family Friendly Environment
- We are an open company
- We help our customers succeed
- We are ambitious
- We are bias to action
- We trust and look after each other
- We leave the world a better place
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.