Business Development Representative
What we’re building
At Eigen, we exist to make data useful. We believe access to the right data at the right time is business critical. We supercharge the way organizations operate by unlocking the value of their unstructured data with our cutting-edge and award-winning AI-powered machine learning technology.
With offices in London, New York, and Lisbon, we are rapidly scaling our operations, team, and customer base.
Eigen’s talented Enterprise Sales team builds and implement effective sales strategies to drive and support our ambitious revenue goals. Your will be responsible for helping our talented team identify new client opportunities, through a mix of inbound and outbound sales tactics. As part of the Business Development team, you’ll work closely with Sales Account Executives, as well as experts in Marketing and Customer Success, to ensure we’re continuing to beat expectations and crush revenue targets.
Business Development Representative
We’re looking for an ambitious, tenacious Business Development Representative. You will be responsible for initiating new client conversations to understand their challenges and needs through your consultative approach, articulating how we can be a true partner to them. Your mission is to expand Eigen’s client reach and engagement as Eigen continues to grow, and you will play an integral role in our growth across the US. To do this, you’ll will utilize market research and your creative approach to make connections. You’ll partner closely with our Marketing team to test and refine your messaging, and you’ll work with our Sales and Customer Success teams to build and test the processes that drive results.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to identify and research target clients for Eigen
- Use state of the art prospecting tools to contact these targets and introduce the Eigen value proposition, and then qualify the leads you generate through this outreach
- Qualify inbound and outbound requests from marketing and sales campaigns
- Use Salesforce to track these conversations, as well as other tools as needed
- Collaborate with the marketing team to analyze the results of your outreach and run tests to find new tactics to increase conversion rates
- Serve as on-site sales support for industry events as needed
- This is a hybrid role. You will be expected to work at least 1 day per week in our beautiful NYC Midtown office
What you’ll need
- At least 6 months+ of pursuing prospects and selling new business
- The hunger to kick-start your career in technology sales, must be willing to learn the industry quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You should be comfortable writing client-ready material
- A strong academic background or commensurate experience
- An eagerness to learn, try new tactics, and measure your results in order to improve upon existing processes
Ideal Candidates also have:
- Experience exceeding monthly lead sourcing or revenue targets.
- Experience using Salesforce, Outreach, HubSpot, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field: sales, marketing, market research, financial services, consulting, business development or client success.
- Cool under pressure and comfortable adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Meticulous about staying on top of details and timelines, and you communicate early and often with other stakeholders.
- Process-orientated. You get excited about creating processes. You love efficiency and being able to take on greater challenges over time.
- Customer-focused. You know the key to effective communication is understanding how things are heard, not how they are said.
- Able to form close working relationships with colleagues and partners based on kindness, understanding, and mutual respect.
- Passionate about putting effort into whatever you take on, and you give 110%.
Compensation and Benefits
Eigen offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, and dental)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, not including national holidays.
- Home office stipends
- Learning and development opportunities
The Base pay range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.