Senior Software Engineer - AI & Machine Learning - France or Remote EMEA
At Dataiku, we're not just adapting to the AI revolution, we're leading it. Since our beginning in Paris in 2013, we've been pioneering the future of AI with a platform that makes data actionable and accessible. With over 1,000 teammates across 25 countries and backed by a renowned set of investors, we're the architects of Everyday AI, enabling data experts and domain experts to work together to build AI into their daily operations, from advanced analytics to Generative AI.
Why Engineering at Dataiku?
Dataiku’s on-premise, cloud or SaaS-deployed platform connects many data science technologies, and our technology stack reflects our commitment to quality and innovation. We integrate the best of data and AI tech, selecting tools that truly enhance our product. From the latest LLMs to our dedication to open source communities, you'll work with a dynamic range of technologies and contribute to the collective knowledge of global tech innovators. You can find out even more about working in Engineering at Dataiku by taking a look here.
How you’ll make an impact
Your role will be to add new features or improve existing ones to help our customers use predictive algorithms and put them into production with an intuitive and user-friendly interface, as well as APIs that let coders control and automate all those operations. You may also develop some other AI features (think NLP, time series, computer vision, labeling management, etc.) or collaborate with the AI Lab, our research department, to develop cutting edge POCs and experiments on a broad set of emerging machine learning topics.
Some expected outcomes for this role:
- Turn ideas or product specifications into full-fledged product features, including unit and end-to-end tests.
- Tackle complex problems that range from performance and scalability to usability, so that complicated machinery look straightforward and simple to use for our users.
- Help your teammates: review code, spread your technical expertise, improve our tool chain
- Bring your energy to the team!
What you'll need to be successful:
- You have a significant experience in software engineering, building a real product
- You are interested in machine learning and are not afraid of statistics
- You know that boosted trees are not only about silviculture
- You can mentor less tenured developers, helping them grow both their technical and non-technical skill
- You are humble and kind
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems
What does the hiring process look like?
- Initial call with a member of our Technical Recruiting team
- Video call with an Engineering Team Lead
- Technical Assessment to show your skills (Home Test or Live Coding)
- Debrief of your Tech Assessment with Engineering Team member
- Final Interview with a VP Engineering