Software Engineer - Dataiku Cloud - France or Remote EMEA
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
At Dataiku, we're not just adapting to the AI revolution, we're leading it. Since our beginning in Paris in 2013, we've been pioneering the future of AI with a platform that makes data actionable and accessible. With over 1,000 teammates across 25 countries and backed by a renowned set of investors, we're the architects of Everyday AI, enabling data experts and domain experts to work together to build AI into their daily operations, from advanced analytics to Generative AI.
Why Engineering at Dataiku?
Dataiku’s on-premises or SaaS-deployed platform connects many data science technologies, and our technology stack reflects our commitment to quality and innovation. We integrate the best of data and AI tech, selecting tools that truly enhance our product. From the latest LLMs to our dedication to open source communities, you'll work with a dynamic range of technologies and contribute to the collective knowledge of global tech innovators. You can find out even more about working in Engineering at Dataiku by taking a look here.
How you’ll make an impact
The mission of the Dataiku Cloud team is to offer the best Dataiku DSS experience for small data teams growing their AI maturity. The Dataiku Cloud platform consists of a cloud infrastructure and a launchpad, the component where Dataiku Cloud users can manage their DSS instance(s), invite users to contribute, set up some data sources and manage the Dataiku subscription.
We are looking for an experienced developer with an interest in SaaS platforms to join the team in charge of developing the Dataiku Cloud Launchpad. This role is an opportunity to be an early member of a team who launched an exciting new project, with a strong and direct impact on the final outcome.
(Note: This is a Software Engineering job. We have separate SRE/Cloud Engineer positions open).
Some expected outcomes for this role:
The role consists in actively participating in the design and implementation of a SaaS portal associated with the managed service offering.
Here are some examples of what you might do:
- Develop new features to provide the smoothest experience for users so that they can benefit the power of DSS in a few clicks on the online environment.
- Ease installation and lifecycle management of the DSS instances running on our infrastructure.
- Improve the quality of the code to ensure high availability and low latency for the platform.
- Work with other Dataiku services to provide a more customized experience for Dataiku Cloud users.
- Our current technical stack is python (Flask) for the backend of the launchpad and VueJS for the frontend.
- The position is either at the company HQ in Paris (Gare de Lyon) or remote.
What you need to be successful
- You have experience working on a full stack application and know that backend and frontend code are two sides of the same coin and you are eager to use both.
- You have a first experience (either professional or personal) building a real SaaS portal.
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems.
- You are humble and kind.
What will make you stand out
- Hands-on expertise working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience on an high availability SaaS
- Knowledge in DataScience, AI and Machine Learning
- Advanced knowledge in Python (Flask) and Vue.JS (Or React/ Angular)
What does the hiring process look like?
- Initial call with a member of our Technical Recruiting team
- Video call with an Engineering Team Lead
- Technical Assessment to show your skills (Home Test or Live Coding)
- Debrief of your Tech Assessment with Engineering Team member
- Final Interview with a VP Engineering
What are you waiting for!
At Dataiku, you'll be part of a journey to shape the ever-evolving world of AI. We're not just building a product; we're crafting the future of AI. If you're ready to make a significant impact in a company that values innovation, collaboration, and your personal growth, we can't wait to welcome you to Dataiku! And if you’d like to learn even more about working here, you can visit our Dataiku LinkedIn page.