Software Engineer Intern - Business Solutions
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
At Dataiku, we are building a data-science platform that allows any user to achieve data science jobs collaboratively and without the need to code. Thus, we are constantly creating new features required by customers to achieve their mission. The Business Solutions team’s mission is to create day-to-day business cases for particular industries by using Dataiku platform. One way of distributing such features is by creating a plugin, an add-on to install inside our platform to bring a specific feature only for customers who need it.
You will first get a short period of onboarding in which you will discover Dataiku platform, get familiar with the frameworks used when developing plugins or webapps, and meet the people you will be working with. Then, by discussing with some experts inside the Dataiku team and doing some research, you will build the specifications for this project, understanding customers’ needs and defining precisely what components must be in the feature. Finally, you will be in charge of developing the feature from scratch, testing it, publishing it, and presenting it internally and externally.
At Dataiku, you will:
- Get familiar with Dataiku platform
- Build specifications for the solution/plugin/feature by understanding customers’ need and the algorithms related to that topic
- Implement the feature using Python and some front-end framework
- Test the tool, and build documentation for it
This job is made for you if:
- You like to work in a team
- You love data science as much as we do!
- You are autonomous and like doing research on technical subjects
- You have some knowledge of one or several programming languages (Python, Java, C…)