Vice President, Global Tax
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, the Vice President, Tax will be responsible for overseeing all tax activities for Dataiku, a non-public company. These activities include all direct and indirect tax planning and research, ASC740 tax accounting, tax compliance and audits, as well as tax projects supporting the Company’s public readiness programs. This role will also manage the work of third party vendors where appropriate.
In this highly visible role, the Vice President, Tax will assume primary responsibility for managing outside tax advisors, vendors and auditors. The Vice President, Tax will provide leadership and direction to an internal team responsible for all direct and indirect taxes.
- Manage all ASC740 tax provision work.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all tax related financial statement disclosures
- Manage all tax forecasts, including GAAP, Non-GAAP and cash
- Optimize all tax positions including tax credits and incentives
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all tax returns and other compliance items
- Monitor technical developments in federal, state and foreign tax which impact Dataiku
- Ensure sufficient documentation to substantiate all tax positions taken
- Manage audits and appeals to minimize tax assessments
- Work collaboratively with senior executives and colleagues across the Company in Legal, Treasury, IT Ops, People Operations, Accounting, Sales and other teams to identify and resolve tax concerns
- Work closely with external auditors on tax provision matters and projects
- Manage the advancement of the global tax technology stack including process improvements related to tax provision and compliance processes
- Provide mentoring, training and development to all tax staff
Skills and Experience Required
- CPA and/or MSA, MST or JD/LLM preferred
- At least 12 years tax experience, including a combination of Big 4 public / global company
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Exceptional technical, writing, research and accounting skills
- Familiarity with best-in-class tax research tools
- Strong team player and excellent communicator / collaborator
- Passionate about process improvement and team member development
The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training. Eligible roles may also be entitled to receive commission or other variable compensation through Dataiku's incentive compensation program.
Dataiku also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401k company match, paid vacations and sick leave, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Dataiku reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.