Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,300 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
The role of a Data Scientist at Dataiku is quite unique. Our Data Scientists not only develop solutions to real-world problems, but also participate in client-facing endeavors throughout the customer journey. This includes supporting their discovery of the platform, helping integrate Dataiku with other tools and technologies, providing user training, and co-developing data science projects from design to deployment.
Key Areas of Responsibility (What You’ll Do)
- Help users discover and master the Dataiku platform, via user training, office hours, demos and ongoing consultative support.
- Analyze and investigate various kinds of data and machine learning applications across industries and use cases.
- Provide strategic input to the customer and account teams that help make our customers successful.
- Scope and co-develop production-level data science projects with our customers.
- Mentor and help educate data scientists and other customer team members to aid in career development and growth.
Experience (What We’re Looking For)
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new technical skills.
- Empathy and an eagerness to share your knowledge with your colleagues, Dataiku’s customers, and the general public.
- Ability to clearly explain complex topics to technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Over 3 years of experience with coding (Python, R, SQL).
- Over 3 years of experience building ML models.
- Understanding of underlying data systems and platform mechanics such as Cloud architectures, K8S, Spark, and SQL.
Bonus points for any of these
- Experience with Consulting and/or Customer-facing Data Science roles.
- Experience with Data Engineering or MLOps.
- Experience building APIs.
- Experience using enterprise data science tools.
- Passion for teaching or public speaking.
- Exposure to a wide range of enterprise customers across industries. Examples of Dataiku’s hundreds of customers include GE, Unilever, Comcast, Ubisoft, OVH, Santander, and Capgemini.
- A wide diversity of projects.
- Opportunity to contribute to the core vision of our company and product: simplify and democratize the way people work with data and use Artificial Intelligence.
- Exposure to the latest, open-source technologies that Dataiku integrates. See our release notes for our latest developments: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/release_notes/index.html
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team in hypergrowth mode.
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Transparency, Ambition, Excellence, Humility, and Empathy.