Director, Strategic Finance
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including Wellington, CapitalG, Battery Ventures and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Strategic Finance to join our team. At Dataiku, you will play a crucial role in shaping and executing the financial strategy of our organization. You will work closely with executive leadership and cross-functional teams to drive financial planning and analysis, support key decision-making processes, and ensure the achievement of strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of finance and business operations, exceptional analytical abilities, and strong communication skills.
Multi-Scenario Long-Term Framework:
- Evaluate key drivers and financial metrics from distinct business segments to develop a multi-scenario long-term framework.
- Drive quarterly financial statements and SaaS metrics projections based on the framework, enabling strategic decision-making and resource allocation.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders across North America, EMEA, and APAC to execute against the strategic operating model.
- Develop and prepare compelling external materials, including board decks and management presentations, that effectively communicate the financial narrative and align with strategic goals.
- Leverage supplementary materials, such as market research, industry analysis, and competitive intelligence, to strengthen the financial narrative and provide a comprehensive understanding of the business.
- Provide financial analysis and due diligence support for M&A activities, including valuation modeling, synergy assessment, and integration planning.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to evaluate potential M&A opportunities, identify risks and opportunities, and support decision-making processes.
- Assist in planning and executing special financing events, such as equity offerings, debt issuances, and initial public offerings (IPOs), working closely with finance, legal, and external advisors.
- Contribute to the development of financial prospectuses, investor presentations, and roadshow materials, ensuring accurate and compelling financial narratives.
- 10+ years of proven experience in strategic finance, corporate finance, investment banking, or a related role, preferably within the technology industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. Advanced degree (i.e. CPA or MBA) is preferred.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills, with the ability to develop complex financial models and interpret financial data effectively.
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP financial statements, accounting principles, and financial reporting standards.
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics, revenue recognition, and financial forecasting methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in financing activities, including debt and equity transactions.
- M&A experience, including due diligence, valuation modeling, and integration planning, is a plus.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and the ability to influence decision-makers.
- Experience working at an international company with multiple legal entities, demonstrating an understanding of managing financial operations in a global context.
- Experience in managing currency exchange risks and understanding the impact on financial statements.
The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training. Eligible roles may also be entitled to receive commission or other variable compensation through Dataiku's incentive compensation program.
Dataiku also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401k company match, paid vacations and sick leave, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Dataiku reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.