Software Engineer in Test
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Dataiku brings together large-scale data analytics and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use (full code, low code and no code) platform.
As a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET), your mission will be to ensure that we only deliver highest-quality products to our customers. You will play a crucial role in our success by helping our users have the best possible experience.
Dataiku's platform is built on modern Web technologies (single page webapp with Angular/AngularJS) and integrates with a very large ecosystem of big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MPP databases, Cloud services, ...).
Our software testing stack is based on Python, Pytest, Selenium, and Allure for the integration tests. Our CI is based on Jenkins with intensive usage of AWS’s features.
At Dataiku, developers are involved in writing part of the automated integration tests together with the QA team.
In this role, you’ll help the team:
- Coding advanced automated test suites to exercise our applications at all levels
- Defining manual testing plans, test strategies and define priorities
- Working with the developers to ensure that they deliver testable code
- Improving existing test infrastructure and frameworks (virtual machines, containers, auto-provisioning, UI testing, ...)
- Mentoring and helping new QA team members
You might be a good fit if:
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test with a significant part in automation (API and/or UI Testing)
- You think collaborating with developers is the key for a good testing strategy
- You have worked with at least one Object Oriented language (as Python, Java, C#, or C++)
- You discuss choices before implementing them
Bonus points for any of these:
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning
- Ability to have a significant impact on the quality of our product
- Ability to work on the latest and greatest data science technologies
- Learn everyday and teach others
- Startup atmosphere: free food and drinks, international atmosphere, remote first culture, general good times, and smart/friendly people