Junior Software Engineer in Test
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Dataiku brings together large-scale data analytics and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use (full code, low code and no code) platform.
As a junior software engineer in test, your mission will be to ensure that we only deliver highest-quality products to our customers. You will play a crucial role in our success by helping our users have the best possible experience. Dataiku is built on modern Web technologies (single page webapp with Angular/AngularJS) and integrates with a very large ecosystem of big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MPP databases, Cloud services, ...).
Our software testing stack includes developer-led unit tests, automated backend integration testing (Python), automated browser-side testing (Python + Selenium) and some manual frontend testing. At Dataiku, developers are involved in writing part of the automated integration tests together with the QA team.
In this role, you'll help the team:
- Coding automated test suites based on reproduction step of previous bugs
- Defining manual testing plans and test strategies
- Helping developers writing integration tests on new features
- Using the existing tests infrastructure to run your test suites (AWS images, docker, Jenkins ...)
You might be a good fit if:
- You already have worked on automated tests before (API)
- You're curious and not scared about technical challenges
- You think about possible impacts your code can have
- You have already worked with Python
- You communicate with your team and ask for help if needed
Bonus points for any of these:
- You know how to structure your code using Object Programming concepts
- You already have played with Selenium
- Ability to have a significant impact on the quality of our product
- Ability to work on the latest and greatest data science technologies
- Learn everyday, work on a big test suite
- Startup atmosphere: Free food and drinks, international atmosphere, remote first culture, general good times, and smart/friendly people