Insurance Product/Underwriter, Associate Director - EMEA
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As Insurance Product/Underwriter, Associate Director within our EMEA Insurance Team, you will own and lead the development and optimisation of CG’s product proposition across all verticals. Key goal is to develop innovative yet standardised product propositions with our insurance partners that can be seamlessly rolled out / scaled and that maximise revenue. In addition, you will be responsible for reviewing all aspects of existing products to review commercial performance and regulatory compliance with a view of making recommendations to improve overall performance.
To drive success in this role, you will have extensive product / underwriting experience, strong commercial acumen, a good understanding of General Insurance and a track record in developing and placing innovative product solutions. You will lead product discussions with insurer partners and collaborate with our Partnerships and Partners Services teams to ensure products meet Partner objectives.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Working with the Global Solutions team to lead the development of new and innovative product propositions across all verticals that maximise revenue
- Leading product development discussions with insurer partners and influencing them to support new products
- Undertaking detailed product reviews to identity growth initiatives with distribution partners
- Developing Product Governance Framework to ensure products are regularly reviewed against key commercial and compliance KPIs and updating senior team on performance and recommendations
- First line of compliance defense with product reviews, claims feedback loop and fair value assessments
- Manage team in the region and ensure timely delivery of priorities
- Drive an innovative and disruptive culture within the business and with our partners while ensuring the highest standards of conduct are maintained
What you will bring;
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years experience in the insurance market at a broker, insurer or MGA with a focus in developing innovative product propositions / underwriting
- At least 2 years of experience with regard to controlled and sound business practice, administrative and managerial skills, and general and specific professional knowledge in the MGA field
- Track record in developing innovative product propositions that disrupt markets and maximise revenue
- Experience in influencing insurers through data and compelling presentations to adopt product innovations
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and advocating for customer solutions
- Experience working in producing business in multiple markets around the world is an advantage
- Demonstrate experience in product entry strategies, product designs and growing revenue
- Being analytical and comfortable manipulating data to identify product optimisation opportunities
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.