VP - Strategic Travel Partnerships, Americas
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Partnerships VP on our Americas Partnerships Team, you will own the development and growth of accounts in your region within the travel vertical.
As the Partnerships VP you will be a key figure in leading the overall strategy for the travel vertical, optimizing the sales strategy, and supporting your team to drive strategic deals to execution. Regular collaboration with internal teams across product, marketing, legal, etc. will be key in ensuring our collective goals are achieved.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Work with the SVP of Strategic Partnerships to cultivate a clear and focused GTM strategy to achieve our business goals within the Travel vertical
- Lead a team that will be responsible for identifying, developing and closing complex partnership deals with target partner organizations that deliver enduring mutual value
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers within key target organizations Grow the Cover Genius brand within the vertical through representation and thought leadership at industry events and broader networking
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively with clarity on the product solution and that we have a clear process to drive deals to closure
- Define best practice for partnership identification, onboarding and implementations using specialist knowledge of vertical and Insurance industries and keeping up to date with new developments
- Support and guide the development and execution of marketing efforts including product roadmap and strategic discussions.
- Apply your industry experience to guide potential partners in understanding and solutioning our technology and platform
- Nurture and develop active partnerships to maximize value for the business and extend the value of our partnerships (e.g. expansion into new sub-brands, etc.)
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 10 or more years years of overall sales experience with at least 5 years of people management experience
- Solid track record of leading, managing and growing a high performing sales team
- Institutional knowledge of the Travel industry and product set is highly preferred
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs
- A proven capability and passion to work cross-functionally in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies
- Previous exposure to startup or tech focused business models.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, A postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable, but not required
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills.
- First class executive communication skills, ablility to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
- Collaborative and curious mindset, open to exploring new ways of doing things
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
The base salary range for this role is between $216,000 and $293,000. The total compensation package also includes equity, and the opportunity for additional earnings through our annual bonus or variable commission plans.
Our commitment to providing a robust compensation package reflects our dedication to attracting and retaining top-tier talent. We believe in transparency, and this salary range bracket is designed to provide a clear understanding of the potential earnings associated with this role. Your skills and contributions are highly valued, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.