Account Executive, Americas
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As an Account Executive on our Distributions Team, you will own development and execution of the company’s partnerships and distribution strategy for a portion of the Travel or Ticketing vertical across North America to which you are assigned. You will be a key figure in optimizing the sales strategy, deal execution and will own the business development and relationship management for your assigned book of business.
To drive success in this role, you will have experience in the online travel or ticketing industry, or have in-depth knowledge across technology, e-commerce, or insurance solutions specific to these industries. As the Account Executive, you will work to identify, cultivate, structure and close large, high impact enterprise deals with distribution partners. Regular collaboration across all functional areas including but not limited to solution design, technology, insurance services, integration, legal, partner services will be key in ensuring new partnerships are established, integrations are timely and revenue goals are achieved.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key decision makers across targeted verticals, such as hotels, car and vacation rental companies, and airlines based on assigned book of business
- Identify, engage and gain detailed understanding of prospective partners’ current business model, customer CX, current initiatives, goals and future needs.
- Consult, educate and position CG’s value proposition with prospective partners on Cover Genius’s embedded solutions, tech platform and sales journey to generate interest and create a sense of urgency.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Maintain partner and prospect information in HubSpot CRM, ensuring all Sales Activities, Deal Metrics, Company and Contact records are up to date and accurate.
- Onboard new partners alongside our Client Solutions Engineering team post deal close, ensuring timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Develop strategic business plans outlining overall partnership opportunity, market overview, client metrics, solution design, revenue modeling, deal structure and other pertinent details to close partnerships
- Contribute to the development, implementation and execution during all stages of the sales process including marketing, product design, sales roadmap and strategic discussions.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 4 or more years of travel or e-commerce experience, with a focus on business development, enterprise sales and strategic partnerships.
- Proven track-record meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs.
- Ability to pivot and change course as necessary to capitalize on market opportunities.
- A strong network of industry contacts within Travel or Ticketing is a plus. (C-Level, Decision Makers, Key Influencers etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with internal/external stakeholders, leading discussions across multiple teams and driving solution based outcomes in a timely manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills necessary. Comfortable working with data, spreadsheets, and formulating financial proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, A postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable
To be successful, you'll bring:
- First class communication skills, ability to present, negotiate and influence at C-level.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills; ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design.
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other.
- A proactive bias to action, comfortable being empowered to champion issues to drive change and achieve the desired results.
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while developing and executing strategic next steps to move the sales process forward
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
The base salary range for this role is between $93,000 and $125,000. The total compensation package also includes equity, and the opportunity for additional earnings through our annual bonus or variable commission plans.
We believe in transparency, and this salary range bracket is designed to provide a clear understanding of the potential earnings associated with this role. Your skills and contributions are highly valued, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.