Montevideo, Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Compliance Specialist, you will maintain the compliance of all Cover Genius entities globally and ensure that each remains in good standing, meeting all annual filing requirements. You will work with a compliance platform to organize all deadlines for each entity and escalate any missing items or risks of missing deadlines.
You will also be responsible for the day-to-day review of internal expenses via our vendor Navan. In doing so, you will review any out of compliance spend, flag items that need to be remediated to your manager and address any questions employees may have regarding their travel & expenses. The Compliance Specialist will assist with monthly reviews of expenses to identify opportunities for change and efficiencies. Additionally, you will manage internal requests for Certificates of Insurance needed to satisfy third-party requirements. The Compliance Specialist will also assist in the management of our Equity program via Carta. You will help load monthly option grants and special performance grants based on various vesting schedules.. With this, you will work closely with our People Team to understand any changes to employee’s contracts or compensation that may directly impact their equity grants.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring and updating of compliance trackers, and escalating any upcoming or lapsed deadlines
- Assist with Global statutory compliance needs including the preparation and filing of company statements
- Maintain up-to-date corporate register for all CG entities and assist with ongoing filing of annual reports, corporate filings and business licenses
- Ensure all entities remain in local compliance via our compliance platform
- Monthly review of company-wide, employee credit card transactions to ensure compliance with Policy
- Manage the day-to-day compliance of our Travel & Expense policy by reviewing flagged transactions and executing manual reimbursements to employees
- Upload monthly equity grants based on various vesting schedules
- Assist with regulatory requests in regards to our equity program and work with our auditor to ensure all data is in compliance with the requirements
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 3-5 years of Compliance/Paralegal experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Law or related field, a plus
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working with early to mid stage growth companies, a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish, ideally Portuguese as well
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Expert multitasker, self-prioritizer, and project manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- High level of personal integrity
- Collaborative team player The ability to track and manage multiple projects
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
The base salary range for this role is between $31,000 and $38,500. The total compensation package also includes equity, and the opportunity for additional earnings through our annual bonus or variable commission plans.
Our commitment to providing a robust compensation package reflects our dedication to attracting and retaining top-tier talent. We believe in transparency, and this salary range bracket is designed to provide a clear understanding of the potential earnings associated with this role. Your skills and contributions are highly valued, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.