Software Engineering, Data Science
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
As a Data Engineer on our data Team, you will own the responsibilities of developing and maintaining robust data pipelines and data infrastructure for our analytics, machine learning and reporting platform.
To drive success in this role, you will have experiences in using SQL and Python to design and implement the data platform using in cloud. As the Data Engineer you will regular collaborate with data scientists, software engineers and other data users in ensuring the desired data availability and accuracy are achieved.
- Practice the best software engineering principles to design and implement efficient data pipelines to collect, process, store large volumes of data, from both SQL, API, streaming data and so on.
- Following the best practices to maintain and operate the data platform including Airflow, dbt, Dataflow and BigQuery. Achieving the required data availability and accuracy KPI.
- Implementing data governance and security measures, ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data-related issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing preventive measures.
- Support Machine Learning Engineers to creating real-time and batch data pipelines that fit the data specification and ML inference assessment
- Support Analytics Engineers to build out data models to build out metrics for product performance
What you will bring:
- Strong proficiency in using cloud data warehouse such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift or any other cloud based data warehouse.
- You have proficient SQL and Python coding skills to deliver reliable solutions for data engineering and/or machine learning use
- You have experiences developing Airflow or other open source data orchestration tool and operate it in production environment for work
- B.S., M.S in Data Science, Computer Science, Math or a related STEM field
- Minimum 1 year of working experiences as a data engineer
What you will have:
- You are reliable as an individual, owning the work you shipped
- You are self-motivated and continuously study the new practices and toolings in data engineering