Insurance Legal and Regulatory Structures Manager
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As an Insurance Legal and Regulatory Structures Manager on our Global Risk Team, you will play a pivotal role in driving our growth and success by contributing to your region's strategy on how we structure our products. You will be the subject matter expert on the different product structure options available in your region and their suitability for different use-cases. You will help coordinate external legal advice and support the Senior Director of Insurance Structures in maintaining an internal library for the business to draw upon. You’ll support our Sales and Partner Services teams in pitching different product constructs, working with local insurance teams, and ensuring smooth program implementation and ongoing collaboration. This is an opportunity to be a key and pivotal member of the global CG insurance structures team.
To drive success in this role, you must have strong attention to detail and a process-oriented mindset to establish effective workflows within your region and maintain documentation. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in insurance/financial services regulation or a similar field who can bring a strategic and analytical approach to this role. Regular collaboration with our Partnerships, Partner Services, Legal, Compliance and Insurance teams will be key in ensuring that we drive efficient and compliant structures, become experts in advising our partners how to mitigate risk, achieve revenue growth targets through effective and legal structures, grow our margin, with the ultimate goal of becoming IPO ready.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Collaborate with regional Insurance, Compliance and Legal Teams to document and maintain a library of permissible structures for your region.
- Owning the structure approval process for your region for new product launches.
- Support regional Partnerships team in pitching solutions and defining the different structures available.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external legal counsel in your markets in order to obtain effective and practical legal advice that can be shared with distribution partners as required.
- Work with your regional Insurance and Partner Services teams to review existing structures and run projects to make improvements where required.
- Serve as the internal expert for how we may legally offer different products in your region in order to achieve our partner’s goals.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 3 or more years in insurance, consulting or law in UK/Europe, with experience evaluating local regulations and developing legal insurance solutions in major markets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a detail-oriented and process-driven mindset.
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to work cross-functionally to create solutions.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Legal degree strongly preferred.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Excellent communication and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Project management and documentation skills.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive approach to change.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.