Senior Software Engineer - PHP Full-Stack Developer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
This role is a great opportunity to join a world-class fast growing engineering team here at Cover Genius, a global insurtech company that has a vision of providing embedded insurance to the world largest ecommerce partners. As a part of the technology team you will be able to contribute your technical skills, experience and ideas to help the company to build high quality customer friendly software products that reflect modern day customer’s demands and change insurance landscape globally.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, deploy and optimize software products and services
- Collaborate in defining and refining product requirements, ensuring they meet modern customer demands.
- Manage individual priorities and deliverables effectively
- Mentor and upskill more junior engineers
- Lead technical projects and contribute to ongoing architectural improvements
Technical requirements for the role:
- Minimum 5 years of full-time PHP backend development experience
- Proficiency with phpunit or other testing frameworks
- Experience with backend frameworks (ideally Laravel or Symfony)
- At least some experience with frontend frameworks (ideally VueJS, React or Angular 4+)
- Experience with REST API development and integrating with external APIs
- Experience with relational databases
Nice to have
- Understanding of modern infrastructure practices
- Functional knowledge of technologies like Linux, Docker, Postman, NoSQL DBs (e.g., Elasticsearch, Mongo), AWS, GitLab CI, Kubernetes, Grafana, Helm, ArgoCD, Kibana, Prometheus, NewRelic APM, Redis.
- Very good communication skills - we are a highly collaborative team
- Ability to work in an agile team environment
- Interest in working in a fast moving startup environment
- Able to work in Australia