Insurance Partnership Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As an Insurance Partnerships Manager within our EMEA Insurance Team, you will lead the development and optimisation of CG’s partnerships with our insurers. A key goal is the effective placement of our business and optimisation of these partnerships in line with clear KPIs.
To drive success in this role, you will have a strong commercial acumen, a good understanding of General Insurance, a solid network of the primary insurance market and ideally experience in the Broking or MGA place around risk placement.
You will lead our relationships with key insurance partners, negotiate on insurance and commercial terms and constantly drive to maximise our profit bottom line. You will work in collaboration with CG’s Partnerships and Partner Services teams that generate and manage the accounts of CG’s distribution partners as well as third party insurers, ensuring the most effective and timely placement of the business.
What your working week will involve;
- Lead the development of strong and sustainable insurance partnerships across the EMEA regions
- Own the effective placement of CG business with our insurance partners within the prescribed timelines
- Lead the negotiations of insurance contracts with the aim to maximise CG’s ‘insurance led margin’ while ensuring the longevity and stability of CG’s EMEA Insurance partnerships
- Manage team in the region and ensure timely delivery of priorities relating to third party insurers
- Develop and own a Insurance Partner monitoring dashboards ensuring clear expectations, targets and results; focus on operational, compliance, performance and efficiency metrics
- Drive an innovative and disruptive culture within the business and with our partners while ensuring the highest standards of conduct are maintained
What the ideal profile looks like;
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in the insurance market at a broker, insurer or MGA with a focus on partnerships and insurance placements
- Track record in owning and developing insurance partnerships and ongoing portfolio management
- Experience in putting together concise pitch documents to support business placement or partner negotiations
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and advocating for customer solutions
- Experience working in producing business in multiple markets around the world is an advantage
- Demonstrate experience in product entry strategies, product designs and growing revenue
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.