Senior Python Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
Cover Genius is an Australian insurtech with global reach. We distribute insurance products via well-known ecommerce brands using our bespoke policy creation platform, XCover.
XCover is a hyper-flexible platform that enables global ecommerce partners to sell relevant and targeted insurance policies to their customers in any vertical. We’re disrupting the hugely complex global insurance industry, and following significant series B investment we’re growing extremely quickly.
We’re on the lookout for Python Engineers who live and breathe Django to be a key part of the team building the XCover platform, which powers online product distribution for some of the world’s largest ecommerce websites.
The stack consists of Python/Django, React front-end, PostgreSQL and globally hosted on AWS. We're well into our microservices journey and building our products with globally scalability in mind, the complexity and challenges you'll tackle head on whist on our team, will be hard to find anywhere else.
- Develop features quickly and see them used by millions
- Touch code at every level of the stack
- Be responsible for code quality, cleanliness and
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Work and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Work side-by-side with engineers at all levels from new graduates to industry veterans
What skills do we think will translate to success?
- Strong recent Python Engineering experience (Django/Flask)
- Proficiency with testing frameworks and tools (we write a lot of tests)
- Good experience with Linux and git should come without saying it loud
- Functional knowledge of relational databases (Postgres is preferred) and non relation databases (Mongo/Redis/ElasticSearch)
- Develop highly-scalable, low-latency APIs for large ecommerce partners
- Comfortable with agile development and startup environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with REST API development and integrating with external APIs
- Understanding of modern DevOps practices
- GitLab CI
- NewRelic APM
Functional knowledge of any of the following technologies:
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. Some of the many benefits we have are:
- Regular 'Genius Hack' hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Stock option plans for all employees, so you can share in the success of the business
- More snacks than you'll ever be able to eat
- Casual sports and fitness sessions every day of the week
- Flexible working in a relaxed, inclusive and fun environment - yes there is table tennis and PS4!
- Premium CBD office space with epic views of Sydney
- Career opportunities that only a hyper-growth product company can offer
We know that excellence comes in many different forms, and we support everyone equally on their individual career journeys. You'll love working here, and will learn something new every day. Please feel free to share your resume and our TA team will be in touch!