Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, October 9, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
The purpose of a Product Manager is to be a key figure in driving one our key product roadmap. The role will report to the Director of Product - and you will work closely together in defining product deliverables, leading and influencing a cross functional team through sprints, creating well articulated documentation and ultimately being a pivotal figure in the achievement of go to market deadlines. You will also have a focus on keeping close to market activity that may impact the product, consulting internally and having a key voice in the direction and trajectory of the roadmap.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Day to day management of software engineering product team and support of partnership team with customer-centric solutions
- Work closely with a number of stakeholders to gather requirements and be in charge of designing the solutions.
- Finding and implementing growth opportunities
- Writing product specifications
- Exploratory data analysis to uncover insights and product opportunities using SQL, Big Query &/or Tableau
- Reporting including presenting commentary at meetings as needed
- Continuing development of depth of knowledge of specific product lines, including coverage innovations and pricing changes, and regulatory developments
Attributes & experience:
- 2-4 years of product management or software engineering experience
- Experience with consumer facing product development and applying best practices to improve the customer experience and conversion.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience with agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated passion for the web, technology, startups etc with a deep understanding of product strategy theory and clear intent to make the transition
- Excellent people management and engagement skills
- Passion, drive, confidence and commitment
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Strong management and engagement skills
- Experience in a fast growing startup or similarly high growth global internet company
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through product innovation
- Driven, energetic and a “good enough is not enough” mentality.
- A sense of ownership over all aspects of the product
- A sense of urgency to deal with issues
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Result driven
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Positive approach to change
- Marketing mindset looked upon highly