Director, Sales Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As Director, Sales Operations on our Business Team, you will help maximize business results across the Partnerships (Sales), Partner Services (Account Management), and Insurance teams through identifying, organizing, and leading initiatives and operations.
To drive success in this role, you will have strong analytical skills, partner well cross-functionally, and hold yourself and others accountable for business results. As the Director, Sales Operations you will identify and drive key initiatives to drive sales and increase profitability and lead sales management cadence. Regular collaboration with Partnerships (Sales), Partner Services (Account Management), Insurance, Product, Finance,
What will your day look like? You will...
- Develop and drive key initiatives to maximize sales and business efficiency and effectiveness
- Optimize the success of an organization's sales team by managing sales goals, projections, and processes
- Work with cross-functional teams across Partnerships, Partner Services, and Insurance to drive alignment on strategic priorities and address any bottlenecks
- Engage in discussions with the Product, Finance, and Tech teams to ensure that the Sales department's needs are considered in ongoing projects and developments
- Forecast quarterly and annual sales results by channel and vertical, set quotas, and monitor performance
- Develop sales capacity models and staffing recommendations to drive business results and partner with HR to ensure effective hiring plans
- Support Sales leaders/teams in developing regional and vertical business plans
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current sales tools and explore new technologies to improve sales productivity and data management
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date sales support documentation, sales playbook and operational status
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 8 or more years of progressive experience in roles in sales operations, or sales analytical functions
- Demonstrated leadership in leading cross functional problem solving teams
- Proven track record of driving sales growth and operational efficiency
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Exceptional project management skills, with a history of successfully leading cross-functional initiatives
- Proficiency in using sales and data analysis tools and software
- MBA preferred, but not required
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Intellectual curiosity, strong sense of drive and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to lead cross-functional problem solving teams
- Critical Thinking skills, ability to breakdown problems and develop practical solutions then drive through implementation
- Drive change through direct authority, influence and XFN partnership
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $190,000 and $250,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.