Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Complaints Manager on our Customer Team, you will lead a team of Complaints Specialists and handle directly complaints resolution, ensuring that customers receive a timely and accurate response to their complaints, achieving high rates of satisfaction and decreasing the number of complaints escalated to a regulatory body. Within this role, you will interact directly with multiple internal and external stakeholders, such as Legal, Insurance, Underwriters, Sr. Leadership, Claims and Support teams. At the same time, you will be responsible for the Complaints team success, outputs and KPI’s reporting directly to you.
To drive success in this role, you will have a strong focus on ensuring a positive customer experience through resolving their complaints. This also includes providing and implementing improvement initiatives to increase the customer satisfaction and decrease any legal risk for the company.
- Managing proactively customer complaints and ensuring end to end management through regular communication and feedback to customers and members. In some sensitive instances, this includes calling customers and regulators
- Being the source of expertise on complaints regulations in Europe and ensuring that any new regulations or processes are effectively communicated and embedded across the team
- Ensure all complaints are managed within the company target SLAs. Assess and prioritize all complaints so that they are appropriately managed by your team members
- Provide expertise and work closely with the appropriate teams (Legal, Insurance, Claims, Underwriters, etc), often in short timelines and contentious circumstances, to ensure that correspondence from the Ombudsman or other Regulatory body is appropriately dealt with, that documentation provided is relevant, appropriate and of high quality and that responses are made within the required SLAs
- Manage a team of 2-4 Complaints Coordinators, leading functional training and career development
- Document of all aspects of Complaints Management, including a library of templates and SOPs Own complaints reporting and provide the data required as needed
- Lead, prepare and attend complaints committee meetings
What you will bring;
- Min. 7 years experience in all aspects of complaints management (preferably within insurance but not required)
- Experience fostering and developing key relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of European regulatory requirements for complaints handling
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Driven, energetic, positive approach
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.