Product Manager (Ecommerce)
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Product Manager on our Product Team, you will own our retail and ecommerce product roadmap.
To drive success in this role, you will have experience working with API driven products with ecommerce platforms and/or marketplaces.. As the Product Manager, you will define product deliverables, lead and influence a cross functional team through sprints, create well articulated documentation and ultimately be a pivotal figure in the achievement of go to market deadlines. You will also have a focus on keeping close to market activity that may impact the product, consulting internally and having a key voice in the direction and trajectory of the roadmap. Regular collaboration with Engineering, Partner Services and Insurance teams will be key in ensuring increased product market fit, easier integration journeys and global market expansion are achieved.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Manage the day to day of the software engineering product team and support the partnership team with customer-centric solutions
- Work closely with a number of stakeholders to gather requirements and be in charge of designing the solutions.
- Find and implement growth opportunities
- Write product specifications
- Complete regular data analysis to uncover insights and product opportunities using SQL, Big Query &/or Tableau
- Provide reporting, including presenting commentary at meetings as needed
- Increase knowledge of specific product lines, including coverage innovations and pricing changes, and regulatory developments
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 2-4 years of product management or software engineering experience
- Experience with consumer facing product development and applying best practices to improve the customer experience and conversion.
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience with agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated passion for the web, technology, startups etc with a deep understanding of product strategy theory and clear intent to make the transition
- Excellent people management and engagement skills
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Experience in a fast growing startup or similarly high growth global internet company
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through product innovation
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, A postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Passion, drive, confidence and commitment
- Strong management and engagement skills
- Driven, energetic and a “good enough is not enough” mentality
- A sense of ownership over all aspects of the product
- A sense of urgency to deal with issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Result driven
- Positive approach to change
- Marketing mindset looked upon highly
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $120,000 and $140,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.