Senior Full Stack .Net Engineer
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
The role has a primary focus on back end development processes written in multiple languages and using multiple database technologies in a cloud based environment. Duties will include enhancement and support of existing systems for multiple business stakeholders and the design and implementation of software to support the merger of 2 platforms. There is a requirement to help establish and drive standards and best practices across the business, leading by example.
Software Engineers at Cover Genius are very well experienced in the full software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and performant software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
What your working week will involve;
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to resolve operational requirements
- Operate across the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Write well-designed, readable and testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required.
What the ideal profile looks like:
- 5+ year experience in software development
- 5+ years C# .NET
- 5+ years SQL Server and MySQL
- 1+ year MongoDB
- Proficiency in software architecture and design patterns
- Understanding principles of RESTful API design
- Proficiency with testing frameworks and TDD
- Experience with Git with GitFlow
- Experience with AWS
- Experience developing highly-scalable, low-latency APIs
- Comfortable with agile development such as Scrum
- Interest in working in a startup environment
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues across multiple time zones
Bonus point for experience with:
- OpenAPI (Swagger)
- Windows Services
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.