Internal Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As an Internal Communications Manager on our Global Communications Team, you will own all communications within the organization, ensuring an effective information flow between management and employees. You will handle internal newsletters, employee announcements, organizing and executing all-hands meetings, EVP and communication strategies to engage and inform employees.
To drive success in this role, you will need to have prior internal communications experience and a proven track record of working with global teams, acting as a liaison between various stakeholders and functions within the company. You will also need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, an aptitude for project management, and the ability to problem-solve.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will be responsible for creating and overseeing all company-wide communications and communication channels to ensure team members feel informed and connected to the company. Regular collaboration with the executive team, functional team leads and the People’s team will be key in ensuring everyone at the company is aligned and expectations are set for all company-wide activities, events, and/or communications.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Develop a comprehensive internal communications strategy to increase engagement and transparency among team members.
- Lead global all-hands meetings, coordinating with key stakeholders to ensure effective scheduling and execution.
- Establish and update clear internal communications processes to support cross-functional collaboration
- Produce communications plans for anything pertaining to the organization (e.g. M&As, funding, restructuring, leadership transitions, etc.)
- Conduct regular employee forums (e.g. focus groups, surveys, etc.) to gather feedback and compile reports for management evaluation and continuous improvement
- Create and disseminate monthly company-wide newsletters, highlighting important information such as projects, achievements and milestones
- Audit and maintain the relevancy of all company communications channels.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- At least 4 years relevant experience, preferably for a global tech or B2B business
- Bachelor's degree in preferably Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Business Administration
- A postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable
- Proficiency with Google suite, Slack, and Intranet Portals
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Exceptional writer and content creator, crafting clear, engaging and persuasive content for different communication channels
- Proven project management skills, coordinating and executing multiple comms plans and projects within set timelines
- Active listener and adept problem solver, identifying and resolving communication challenges effectively
- Ability who can act as a liaison between various stakeholders and teams
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $110,000 and $140,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.