Financial Accounting Manager - Latin America
Accounting & Finance
Montevideo, Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Financial Accounting Manager of Latin America on our Americas Finance Team, you will own the growth and maintenance of the entire Latin America Finance function by optimizing and maintaining processes, supporting our Latin American employees, and ensuring good business standing throughout the region.
To drive success in this role, you will have an internal stakeholder mindset, strong project management skills, and a team-first perspective. As the Financial Accounting Manager of Latin America, you will run the day-to-day operations of the LatAm Finance function, perform month-end close activities, and work closely with our external accountants, tax advisors, and local banks. Regular collaboration with Legal, HR, Sales, Partner Services, and Business Finance, and other members of the Financial Accounting team will be key in ensuring a best-in-class LatAm Finance team and a broader global Finance team are achieved.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Autonomously run the day-to-day operations of the Finance function for the Latin America region, including accounting, AR, AP, cash management, expense management, payroll, and internal controls and recordkeeping
- Perform month-end close activities such as accruals, bank and credit card reconciliations, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets, and intercompany transactions
- Identify opportunities for automation, standardization, and overall process improvement as we build and scale the Latin America region.
- Liaise with external accountants to manage local and regional financial reporting; tax advisors to maintain tax/regulatory compliance and good business standing; external auditors to complete any regional audits; and local banks to ensure high functioning day to day financial operations
- Liaise with Partner Services and Business Finance teams to ensure our AR and AP are with partners and underwriters are current.
- Work closely with cross functional Latin American teams (i.e., Legal, HR, Sales, etc) to ensure collective and successful growth of the Latin American business
- Perform and assist with administrative tasks to support the business needs of the region, as needed
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 4-8 years of Accounting experience, (mix of public and private accounting experience, a plus)
- Active Contador Público license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Fluent in spoken and written English & Spanish; Portuguese, a plus
- Experience working with early to mid stage growth companies, a plus
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality
- Uncanny organizational skills and the ability and drive to solve complex problems every day
- Expert multitasker, self-prioritizer, and project manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities while maintaining a strong focus on both process improvements and results
- Unimpeachable integrity, maturity, strength of character, and professionalism
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.